Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

So... Dreams

I've mentioned before that I'm a Little Big Planet enthusiast.  In fact, I used to be almost obsessed with tinkering with the logic (and created the only non-glitch PS3 vs PS4 detection chip that I know of).  I'm a huge fan of Media Molecule's work, from the first LBP to Tearaway.

Well, now there's Dreams, and from what I've seen so far, it's a game creator's...  well...  Dream.

I've ordered my copy and it should deliver in a couple weeks.  (I like having a disc rather than a download.  I'm an old fart.  Get off my lawn.)

Honestly, there's a chance it could steal me away from Ylands.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I've mentioned before that I'm a Little Big Planet enthusiast.  In fact, I used to be almost obsessed with tinkering with the logic (and created the only non-glitch PS3 vs PS4 detection chip that I know of).  I'm a huge fan of Media Molecule's work, from the first LBP to Tearaway.

Well, now there's Dreams, and from what I've seen so far, it's a game creator's...  well...  Dream.

I've ordered my copy and it should deliver in a couple weeks.  (I like having a disc rather than a download.  I'm an old fart.  Get off my lawn.)

Honestly, there's a chance it could steal me away from Ylands.  I guess we'll see.

Why did I feel a urge will to go buy a PS4. Why do I want that Dreams? 

You know I'm a shopaholic? Thanks a lot Indomitus ???

Ylands still has the best building mechanics I have found.  It's what keeps me around.

Okay, time to be honest: I'm drifting away from Ylands.  No doubt I'll stop back in from time to time for major updates, but as of right now I haven't played it in about a week and a half.  (Explore is my main thing, and it's honestly gotten kind of stale lately.)

It wasn't Dreams that's doing it, though.  My PSN account is screwed up and I can't even play that game.  Instead, it's a combination between Minecraft and an urge to get back to learning 3D modelling and animation with Blender and Daz.  Those two are taking up all my gaming time, and there's nothing left for Ylands.

SO...

I have several games and game ideas that I need to test, release, or hand off to someone else if they want it.  If I don't, they'll just fade away in my Editor folder.

1.  Wacky Painters.  It just needs one last quick test, and it's ready to release.

2.  A boat battle game heavily inspired by RedEagle's "Red Cliffs" idea.  Upper deck boats, cannons you can deploy, blocks you can build, swords, infirmaries, jails, and 3 different ways a team can win...  The script should be completely intact, but it hasn't been tested in multiplayer yet.  The play area design is fairly basic, but should be fine as long as the scripts work.

4.  Scavenger Yland.  You're given a short list of items to find, spawned randomly in containers around the play area.  Each player gets a different list.  Find them and return to a "portal" collection point, and you'll get points and a new list.  The more you find, the more points you get.  It's a very simple concept.  The scripts should be intact, but I've done literally no design work on it.  It's just a flat field with containers all over the place, just for testing.  It needs to be play tested to see if the idea is fun.  If it is fun, then it could be applied to a variety of different map designs.

3.  Mutiny.  Two teams fight for control of a ship, but how can you tell who is on which team?  And will they stay on that team?  (You can switch sides under certain conditions.)  The scripts should be solid enough, but it hasn't been play tested at all, so I'm not even sure if it's a fun game the way it's designed.  It's thrown together in a very rudimentary form specifically for play testing.  Personally, I think this one is the weakest of the four games, but somebody might be able to do something awesome with it.

I have other game ideas in my Editor, but these are the ones I don't want to just abandon.  I don't want to monopolize an entire P1 play party for these, so maybe some time outside of that.  Or one per week, or something like that.