Jimin Park

RESOLVED Issues with the rental servers

Question

I have purchased all types of servers and experimented with my game Guton Forest. Currently Ylands has 3 types of servers:

1. Elementary
  2. High Performance
  3. Official Dedicated

1. Problem with Elementary server

When people join a game that is hosted with Elementary, they can play for some brief minutes until the server kicks you out due to inactivity even though you have been actively playing the whole time. I'm guessing this automatic mechanism was put in to save computation power on economic servers but please find a way to detect player inactivity properly.

2. Problem with High Performance server

People play roughly about 40-60 mins and then it says "Server Maintenance" and kicks everyone out again. This consistently happens every time. Hard to believe it would do that when I pay much more money for such "high performance" server...

Please I've already spent money on this game and I am willing to continue to do more but these issues definitely have to be fixed.

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

3 hours ago, Jimin Park said:

Problem with Elementary server

When people join a game that is hosted with Elementary, they can play for some brief minutes until the server kicks you out due to inactivity even though you have been actively playing the whole time. I'm guessing this automatic mechanism was put in to save computation power on economic servers but please find a way to detect player inactivity properly.

Can confirm. 

It would REALLY help, if you send the output_logs and output_logs_clean when Both of these issues happen and we'll see, if it's a backend problem or an editor one specific to a map. Also if you could DM me the map you're uploading, that'd be awesome.

In case of the Elementary servers, were the players inactive or were they active and it threw them out regardless?

You  can find logs here: Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands \ Ylands_Data

Also PLEASE could you write to me the name of the server this happens on? We'll check it out.

@Jimin Park we are of course responsible of fixing it, but we can't reproduce the issue, so the only way of finding out what's wron is getting output_logs and output_logs_clean + the map being uploaded and the server name. Every PC is unique and everyone's circumstances are unique and often QA just aren't able to recreate issue, because there are so many different reasons of what could be going wrong.

The inactivity bug with ELEMENTARY server was fixed.

I think the maintenance kick out from HIGH PERFORMANCE servers was due to just me publishing new version of my game to Workshop.

I think this bug ticket can be closed for now.

• Like 1