Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #132 - UI Community Improvements

Hey there Ylanders! 

We are putting the finishing touches to Update 1.3 and are looking forward to our other updates and what we’d like to do for the rest of this year. Apart from bringing you cool new features and improvements, we also want to concentrate on some serious polishing and fixing. And in this, we need your help. So, in the coming weeks, some of our Dev Diaries are going to be focused on your suggestions and concerns. And this week we’d really like to hear, what you have to say about the games UI. 

image (43).png

For instance, what do you think about the Main Menu? The way games are organized in the games section? Or what do you find needlessly complicated or time-consuming in the Editor’s UI? Are there too many buttons to press to get to an essential tool, that you’d like to have more readily available? And what about in-game? Anything you’d change on the HUD or in the Inventory section? And anything else that bothers you concerning UI in Ylands? We will go through all your answers and in a week, we’ll make a poll here and on our Social Media to find out, what bothers you the most so we can concentrate on that when we polish up the UI. We will take your feedback (all of it, not just the most voted on) and act on it where we can and where it is possible. It will affect the future of the game and future updates.

image (41).pngimage (40).png

image (42).pngimage (44).png

Now don’t worry, if this isn’t the subject you’d want to talk about, we’ll be going through many more aspects of the game in the coming months getting your view on it and how it could be improved, but If you have a pressing problem or a suggestion, always feel free to write about it in our Suggestion section of the forums, which we check regularly and from which we take great inspiration. 

And that’s it for now, so stay classy but most importantly stay safe Ylanders. 

• Like 3

Say so before and will say it again, the inventory ui should be waaaaay more see through. The way it is right now it just takes me out of my immersion. I liked when it would just be a box on the display instead of full screen. Speeaking of what i like, maybe it as change since i've played, but there are items like statues and others stuff that you can have in editor but no crafting recipe in explorer mode and first person view is a must, i've been waiting for it to get back to playing and making videos.

• Upvote 1

I have a serious problem with the games menu that seems like a huge disconnect that it exists in the first place.  Let's say I'm in the workshop and see a game that I think looks interesting.  I use the favorites feature and mark it as a favorite.  The problem is that when I go to the main menu and select games, there is no listing for my favorites.  You have "Featured", "Top Rated", "New", "Played", "My Local Games", and "All", but nothing to list my favorites that would have the game that I just favorited in the workshop.  This makes the favorite feature seem completely pointless and broken, at least in terms of games (works great for compositions in the editor).  There needs to be a clear, simple, and intuitive means for someone to favorite a game in the workshop and then easily get to it in the games menu - maybe then more people would use the workshop to find games, making the workshop even more worthwhile.

Please...

1) tool "teleport" to SAVED locations or coordinates in editor. (it is very necessary on huge maps)

2) tool to decompose all compositions included in 3D pick or on whole map (no one by one please ? ) - opposite to optimalization

2) More intuitive exports for beginers (from game menu only is ideal)

3) Change one Czech translation: ?

Script "tento / toto"  je nazván a vyhledáván přesně naopak

4) Add "local export" like a button or options in export menu - not a command only...

Sorry for my bad english... ? 

4 hours ago, bures.peter said:

Please...

1) tool "teleport" to SAVED locations or coordinates in editor. (it is very necessary on huge maps)

2) tool to decompose all compositions included in 3D pick or on whole map (no one by one please ? ) - opposite to optimalization

2) More intuitive exports for beginers (from game menu only is ideal)

3) Change one Czech translation: ?

Script "tento / toto"  je nazván a vyhledáván přesně naopak

4) Add "local export" like a button or options in export menu - not a command only...

Sorry for my bad english... ? 

For that saved locations on editor, you can just place for example a reference point and name it "my location 1".then on right side of screen you see a list of all logics on the map. Double click your "my location 1" and editor will focus on that game logic. That means, if it is farz editor will travel to it :)

Once you finish the map and ready to launch, you can delete them, or leave them anyway because it will not interfere with the game itself. 

Edited by jchob
  • Thanks 1

One more please (but i must i czech language - sorry for that)

Pokud by to šlo, neskutečně by mi v editoru pro tvorbu pomohla upravitelná mřížka podle rotace. Tím mám na mysli to, že by zde byla možnost použít odsazování objektů podle rotace tak, jak je to nyní možné pouze v rotaci 90°.

Jinak řečeno - že by bylo možné nastavit mřížku na libovolný úhel, či nastavit přímo (tím lépe) podle dané rotace objektu a objekty pod daným úhlem by mohli být "odskočeny" tak, jak je to nyní možné pouze v rotacích 0°, 90°, 180°, 270°

EDIT: a výška samozřejmě také. Možnost "globální" mřížky ale též považuji za velice užitečnou ? 

Pokud by to šlo, neskutečně by mi to pomohlo při tvorbě velkých objektů (v mém případě hradu), protože každá budova je natočena trochu jinak20200614064253_1.thumb.jpg.b9deb90c642d4b74bc9214eeac077d83.jpghlo při

Edited by bures.peter
  • Upvote 1

One I would like to see if we get enough hay you can build a nest and maybe herd chickens or something that makes eggs so we can get either eggs or feathers, I am sure I would have more 

On 6/14/2020 at 6:36 AM, roomie101 said:

One I would like to see if we get enough hay you can build a nest and maybe herd chickens or something that makes eggs so we can get either eggs or feathers, I am sure I would have more 

I know that nests from time to time gives you feathers, not sure about eggs

On 6/15/2020 at 2:10 AM, jchob said:

I know that nests from time to time gives you feathers, not sure about eggs

they do give you eggs and feathers but it depends on which nest you find

had a idea for a new outfit, its call the chicken outfit and its made out of feathers!!!!

• Like 1