Laiiix

I used to love this game.

Used to being the most important words in that sentence. This game was my favorite game, and it is still my most played game on steam as I have 472.8 hours on this game. Most of that playtime, however was before this game took a dramatic nosedive in quality as the developers shifted their focus from a unique survival experience to a unoriginal roblox copy. This game is on it's last breath and if the developers keep going in the direction that they are then I and MANY OTHER alpha players will lost interest. I come back to this game after EVERY SINGLE UPDATE and every single time I play for about 15 minutes, and then I get bored and I leave. One of the biggest complaints that I have with this game is that I can't see what I'm doing. I also dislike that the so called 'exploration' gamemode has no exploration at all. I remember how fun sailing used to be, and how I used to plot out my courses for my ship. Leaving your island felt like a fun journey but now it just feels like I'm commuting. I think the worst part about these complaints are that almost everyone I have talked to that played this game in it's earlier stages also feel the same way, and we have all been complaining for about 2 years now to no result. The developers have not listened to us at all and now that I'm seeing a lot more constructive criticism I really hope that you guys will FINALLY LISTEN TO US. It really feels like everyone in this forum is keeping ylands alive and we are getting absolutely nothing out of it. 

Tldr; listen to your player base or your player base will eventually leave.

Below are screenshots from the old ylands for those who wish to reminisce about the times before this game completely went in the wrong direction.

Please save this game devs I am begging you.

Ylands_180321_183315.thumb.png.a5488e1eb1f59176b7c8683399a41b34.pngYlands_4x_180311_165636.thumb.png.2719d2d936cb0da668371d734df2d30d.pngYlands_180310_190139.thumb.png.6f5bddd11b68ffbaee19480f6fd3bb61.pngYlands_180321_183315.thumb.png.a5488e1eb1f59176b7c8683399a41b34.pngYlands_180528_171534.thumb.png.17cebbf686cf0895bb13102be0c13a2e.pngYlands_180421_151638.thumb.png.5a7d8a73f65f06759e5c35c96923dd72.pngYlands_180406_133644.thumb.png.27eff5acc088ec17adc50c828fd3bab4.pngYlands_180314_180152.thumb.png.b2e5e5bd315fbfe71b8d7d5dd4b9aca2.png

• Upvote 1

Good times....Good times... Very sad with the newer updates. Please fix devs. I am the second one in these photos. I just want to have fun like this with my friends. I genuinely love this game, but at this point its not going in the right direction. Please keep your word and fix exploration. 

I think the main problem with this game is the lack of direction. If you wanna make a bootleg roblox, do it. If you wanna make a survival game, do it. Just stop teasing me with these table scraps of updates if you don't wanna work on exploration anymore, because I'm tired of being lied to.

1 hour ago, Laiiix said:

. I think the worst part about these complaints are that almost everyone I have talked to that played this game in it's earlier stages also feel the same way,

I can confirm that this is the case with me also. Everyone I know really fell in love this this game in the early days, most of us still like it but they long for a return to the original direction the game had. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Laiiix said:

I think the main problem with this game is the lack of direction. If you wanna make a bootleg roblox, do it. If you wanna make a survival game, do it. Just stop teasing me with these table scraps of updates if you don't wanna work on exploration anymore, because I'm tired of being lied to.

We never lie and we are working on a big Exploration update (as I mentioned elsewhere) so keep a lookout for more info coming soon ? 

• Upvote 1

I think anyone who has developed anything of size and scale knows that there's so much more to making something great than we think when we have the idea. The details are tough and it takes real humility to say I'm going to keep the idea small enough that I can finish it and do a good job of it but the temptation is when the grind gets tough to move to the next thing for the next idea rather than finishing and doing that really hard work and I think that’s what some of us are worried is happening.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:42 PM, Laiiix said:

I think the main problem with this game is the lack of direction.

Agreed.