Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #149 - Script Module

Hey there Ylanders!

Today we’ll discuss a pretty neat feature we’re going to sneak into the Exploration 1.5 Update for Creators ? It’s called the Script Module and we believe it will help out a lot of Creators in the future. In laymen’s terms, it is a kind of black box for scripts and game logics, which you can export and share with other Creators via compositions. So what will it do? Well, simply it will give a creator the ability to export any number of game logics with script as a single game logic thus saving a lot of space and helping to make the scripting more "clean" and manageable. This means the creator can then use the logics and scripts in a different map but ALSO other Creators can then pick up the composition and use it in their game, meaning you can then trade logics and scripts with fellow creators and learn from each other ? 

2020-07-01_17h19_42 (1).png
Player Modules WiP

Also in scripting you’ll, of course, be able to reference a module as well incorporating it into your wider creation. And if an older version of the script and logics are detected, the module should be able to update itself while keeping all the original in and out script references, meaning, that the original creator can keep the module up-to-date and share the new version without any hassle ?

Another topic I wanted to open today is the matter of our weekly streams. We’d love to hear from you, what YOU would like to see in our future streams. What you’re interested in, what you think should be covered and what should be addressed more. That is why you can now visit a new Topic here on the forum, where I’d love to hear your suggestions and comments to the streaming ?

And that’s it for today, so until next time, stay safe and stay classy Ylanders!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

More than month of silence about "Exploration Update" and now another Dev Diary about Editor Improvements. 

Well we are working on the Exploration update, but until we have anything to show, there's not much use talking about it ?

• Like 1

amazing. Hopefully I will be able to retrofit my creation, because it is getting messy. I freaking love Ylands ?

• Thanks 1

oh nice. I already love the modules without testing it ?

So, what can you do with scripting? Say, you make something that you really like, how do you use it in a game? Or do you have to create a whole world to put it in? Can you make new things, like animals?