Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #152 - Ylands Streaming

Hey there Ylanders!

This week we have more of a relaxed topic. We'll be talking about our new streaming sessions we're doing and what we're planning for the future.

So as you might have noticed, every Friday at 16:00 over at https://www.twitch.tv/ylands  we stream for an hour or two talking about Ylands, right now about the Competition and overall having a good time. If you haven't seen our streams, you can check one out tomorrow!

But from the get-go we wanted you, the players and members of this fabulous community to have a say in what we stream, so if you have any suggestions of what you'd like to see, what games in Ylands you'd want to watch me play and what you would like to talk about, always let me know because I'd be more than happy to oblige ? What we are planning to do though is to keep monitoring the Competition and all the wonderful submissions we're already seeing pop up in the Workshop. We'll be playing these games predominantly and having a look, how they play, how they work, what we like and dislike and provide feedback to the Creators. And after the Competition finishes, we definitely want to feature the winning games on the Stream and if possible invite the Creators unto the Stream, to tell us something about the game, what was their inspiration and how they made it. It, of course, isn't a requirement of the Creators but it'd be really cool ?

During this time we'd also love to have some live Interviews and Q&A's with members of our team, so you get to know them a bit more and we'd love to have a streaming party, where a bunch of our team members get together in one room to stream and talk about Ylands ? But that will probably have to wait, till it is safe to meet up in bigger groups again.

We are also looking into more ways to make the watching experience more enjoyable and how to enhance our streaming. So if you have any suggestions about that, they'd be really appreciated. And finally, we'll be looking into finding some fun streamers, that would also like to stream about Ylands and give them an opportunity to stream with us or even host them on our channel ?

So look out for all that and until next time,

stay classy Ylanders!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hey Adam, some days ago i found a video from earlier 2018 i think that was called Q&A. That video is from some months ago before i started playing ylands and join the forum. I'm glad that many stuff BI team said was going to implement it is actually in-game. So, my suggestion is to do the same. Look around community questions and they could answer to the most pertinent questions/suggestions.

I know this is a hard time due this situation, but would be cool to see a office tour while they are working and what they are doing (of course without spoilers).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yo you jchob. You are right.There must be a office tour so people must know what developers of ylands are doing and it will eliminate the thought of people what they are saying?.

Some questions:

What will be the size of the islands in the new exploration mode?

Is there a new biome in development?

Will there be a new overhaul of the generation of islands (steeper mountains and more indented sea-coast)?

Are you working on new ylandium machines? like a forge, smelter, weapons, or other content for the end game?

do you plan to add flying vehicles (planes, helicopters, hot air balloons) ?

Will there be a way to transport our car on a boat via attachments to block it to the hull because land vehicles have very little interest at the moment.

stay classy guys.

Edited by Bob Salvador
  • Upvote 5

i would like they bring back steeper montains and idented sea-coast. It doesnt need to be automatically, would be cool if the map creator could have an option choose to generate them or not. I already gave this suggestion. 

• Upvote 2

Is there a Plan that Twitch-Viewers will get In-Game-Goddies from Twitch for Ylands or Prime Gaming-Loot for Ylands? This would be amazing ?.

7 minutes ago, Croawch said:

Is there a Plan that Twitch-Viewers will get In-Game-Goddies from Twitch for Ylands or Prime Gaming-Loot for Ylands? This would be amazing ?.

We are looking into that and that would be really awesome ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bob Salvador said:

What will be the size of the islands in the new exploration mode?

It will wary much more, we've also added continental landscapes so large ylands can spawn sometimes. Although we're still tweaking probability and size.

Is there a new biome in development?

There is one planned, but that will probably be something for after 1.6.

Will there be a new overhaul of the generation of islands (steeper mountains and more indented sea-coast)?

Yes, the coastline should be very different. We've also added the atoll landscape. We still want to tweak the mountain size but its landscape specific so we'll see.

Are you working on new ylandium machines? like a forge, smelter, weapons, or other content for the end game?

Not yet, we'll maybe touch upon it after feedback from 1.5.

do you plan to add flying vehicles (planes, helicopters, hot air balloons) ?

Not in the near future.

Will there be a way to transport our car on a boat via attachments to block it to the hull because land vehicles have very little interest at the moment.

Not in 1.5, but we might be able to add summoning and unsummoning of land vehicles as it will work with ships now. But we'll first see what the feedback is on this.

Hope these answers help ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

It will wary much more, we've also added continental landscapes so large ylands can spawn sometimes. Although we're still tweaking probability and size.

There is one planned, but that will probably be something for after 1.6.

Yes, the coastline should be very different. We've also added the atoll landscape. We still want to tweak the mountain size but its landscape specific so we'll see.

Not yet, we'll maybe touch upon it after feedback from 1.5.

Not in the near future.

Not in 1.5, but we might be able to add summoning and unsummoning of land vehicles as it will work with ships now. But we'll first see what the feedback is on this.

Hope these answers help ?

One of the most info rich Dev Diaries and it's only a comment ?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Mr Adam are you trying to add steam trains and railway connections. I Will be very happy if you said yes. And will you add combat cavalry and sheild to protect us.