Sign in to follow this  
IEuphe

need help with scripting

Just to be clear i'm not very good with scripting and only know the basics which is why i need help.

This is what i'm trying to do - trigger zone spawns entity from template, conversation happens, at the end of the conversation an item from your inventory is taken from you and replaced with a better one then the entity disappears.

what i'm stuck with - i can't seem to find a way to remove the specific item (this item is already in your inventory from the start, in the player role thing) and i can't get the entity to disappear. i've tried despawning it and i've tried to teleport it but nothing i do seems to work. 

if anyone can help me with this i'd really appreciate it as i just don't know what to do.

for none entity type click and chose what type entity you want remove from player inventory or equipment..  character set player...

thank you mello, this fixed my item problem but the npc entity still will not despawn. do you have any other suggestions?

you are not refering the proper entity to despawn. Using the dialogue, it has a reference to the questionner, whichis usually the NPC. It should be easy to despawn the "questioner" variable.

i already tried to despawn the entity by referencing it but it wouldn't depsawn. that's why i asked for help. don't know if it's a bug or if i did something wrong.

Edited by IEuphe

21 minutes ago, IEuphe said:

už som sa pokúsil despawovať entitu odkazom na ňu, ale to by sa nevyskytlo. preto som požiadal o pomoc. neviem, či je to chyba, alebo či som urobil niečo zle.

can you show me script,what you use for despawn NPC? 

many problems come from mixing entities, entity type, entity templates. Another issue I had was when trying to despawn a game object, because in this case you should use delete.