thundarcrash

New 1.5 Savegame unable to open in the editor

Is it not possible to open the savegames that you create in the new 1.5 build in the editor and edit those? or am i doing something wrong? i did the Steam beta access copy paste code to try to download the experimental editor But dont believe it actually downloaded.

• Upvote 1

Nope, you can't edit them in the Editor, because then you could add items unavailable in Exploration into the mix (for instance a Creator Cube) and visit other people's islands dumping...I don't know, 200 polar bears on their base ? But you can still pull your Legacy Exploration map into the Editor to play around with.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Nope, you can't edit them in the Editor, because then you could add items unavailable in Exploration into the mix (for instance a Creator Cube) and visit other people's islands dumping...I don't know, 200 polar bears on their base ? But you can still pull your Legacy Exploration map into the Editor to play around with.

Then what about creating a blueprint, does it not possible for now? ',:)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

oh ok..i thought that the maps would still be local and not multiplayer. I dont like playing with other people and just want to build and explore. The Legacy maps are too small for this unless it has been updated to the size of the new explore as well then there is no point of playing that. What i like to do is create a potion belt that refreshes potions via script editing while exploring and crafting, or modding boots to increase movement speed when worn, refresh charge of mining drill when in active slot, but cant do this now from what you have said. ah well

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thundarcrash said:

oh ok..i thought that the maps would still be local and not multiplayer. I dont like playing with other people and just want to build and explore. The Legacy maps are too small for this unless it has been updated to the size of the new explore as well then there is no point of playing that. What i like to do is create a potion belt that refreshes potions via script editing while exploring and crafting, or modding boots to increase movement speed when worn, refresh charge of mining drill when in active slot, but cant do this now from what you have said. ah well

You don't have to play with others. You can just Explore Single Player islands and not open them up for Multiplayer.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

You don't have to play with others. You can just Explore Single Player islands and not open them up for Multiplayer.

If that's the case cant you add a tag to make it able to open the editor? to make it have like a (modded) tag and not able to open or if it does open to other itll let people know?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, thundarcrash said:

If that's the case cant you add a tag to make it able to open the editor? to make it have like a (modded) tag and not able to open or if it does open to other itll let people know?

The problem is, that you can still travel from that world to a multiplayer world with Editor equipment.

• Like 1

Couldn't an option be if you mod this character/world..you cant connect to multiplayer? for someone like me that would be totally fine since i have NO intention fo doing any type of multiplayer at all and im sure there are others?

Edited by thundarcrash
  • Like 1

I also wish to setup a spezial island and bind it over server into the new exploration.

the cube could be hardcoded disabled i think. Based on map mode etc.

Edited by Krglok

I think it would require a lot of programming for devs. They would have to disable special weapons, armor, all sorts of things for it to be fair for the multiplayer experience. The way they have it set up currently makes sense to me. Everybody starts out the same way. No special advantages allowed.  a lot of people would like to place their compositions, but that would also give unfair adantages. Best be it to make blueprints of your builds and set them up accordingly. It takes a lot of time if you are thinking of making a city or something like that, but with a few friends it can be done. We have been doing it and it's a lot of work but it's rewarding.

• Like 1