katolikparanoik

Bugs and shortcomings Which I noticed V.1.0

Question

1. Shimmering textures when you are in the air.
2.No animation of propellers on the ship
3.The glow of the lantern and helmets is either too bright or too dark (I propose to add a brightness control for objects with a lantern, so that the player can set the brightness for himself, it seems that this was in previous versions)
4. When crafting in workbenches, it often happens when the recipe tab automatically spills out that prevents you from going to the item tab.
5.Bugs with NPCs when you are with a backpack with a propeller and are in the air you are invulnerable (I suggest introducing the ability to shoot small arms for NPCs)
6. Sounds of workbenches - too loud even if you set the minimum value in the settings.

• Like 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm with you on the lighting especially. For some reason it seems darker now, and scuba helmets are pretty much useless underwater. I don't even think the light works down there. It worked in the last version but now I am swimming blind at night.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

if you are freezing underwater and equip a lit torch you aren't cold anymore

Don't tell them about that! I use that glitch all the time. LOL

• Haha 1

I've got to say, folks, that the bugs are driving me to consider abandoning the game altogether. In editor the 'move' function only rarely works right. In gameplay, whether in legacy exploration or the new exploration, the ability to place things like stoves and spinning wheels often takes me up to 20 tries--almost always getting the message of 'not enough space' when there is vast space around. I hope the team can get it together!

Another thing which is not a bug but a chronic irritation has to do with camera function when driving boats and ships. As it is now the default is for camera to be in 'aligned' position. But this is just the opposite of what I want. I want the default to be not aligned so that when I am trying to back up or look to the side I don't have the camera jerked out of my control. Yes, I can invoke the command to put the camera in my preferred state, but I often forget and I find myself cursing both myself and the developers who chose to make the aligned position default. It is just a major nuisance for me. But that is just me. Others may have other preferences. I am just stating mine. Thanks for enduring my rant! ?

• Like 1