IEuphe

need help with blueprints and circles.

ok so i'm at a point now where i want to settle on an island in exploration as i'm tired of living on my ship but i need help. 

firstly when i make a home, i want it to be fantastic and i want to make it in editor and then make it into a blueprint. i've heard that this can be done by working around it and was wondering if someone could detail me on how to do it.

secondly i was also wondering if someone could show me how to make perfect circles using blocks in editor. i remember coming across a post that showed you how to do it but i can't seem to find it.

I can help you with the first question. When you finish your build, you have to select it and store it as a composition. Then you have to load a legacy world in your editor and place the building (as a composition) there. Then in that legacy world you can press play and make the blueprint there. Be sure that yo dont have blocks that are not allowed in blueprints on your build, so thingss dont get messed up when you load the blueprint

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is Spyler's "Matchstick Method" for creating circles:

You use Ctrl+D to duplicate the block. Then select the matchstick too (ctrl click) and then rotate around the matchstick. 

You can click V to do any angle and the video shows you how to do 5-degree increments.

Instead of a matchstick, you can use any item including a game logic icon, but I recommend using something with the pivot point in the center.

For converting a composition to a blueprint, I made a video:

And Christal made a video:

So you have lots of things to watch, if that is easier :) 

• Thanks 1