ocnoglittle

Potion Duration Changes

So the Devs want to know how long we want the various potions to last. @jchob made a list of the current times (thank you!):

525724558_PotionDurationTable.png.5883751542515de2d30ead69526accb8.png

I vote for 5 minutes for each of them, but that is just so I don't have to write a whole bunch on the wiki ? What do you guys think?

• Like 3

I agree on the 5 minutes each with the exception of life changing, melon head, and berry head potions. I think 2 minutes would be good for those. But I could go with the 5 minutes each. You do so much for this forum, saving you some time would be awesome!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was rewatching the stream, and Aleš literally says they don't want to change all of them ?

So which ones are the highest priority to extend? Maybe craftsman's potion?

Speed potion and craftsman potion definitely needs a duration boost....I'm quite fine with the other potion's durations.

I rarely use potions with the exception of craftsman and occasionally health (although I use bandages more often).....although I do enjoy having the different bottle styles as decoration

Speed potion is sort of useless to me because of the short duration, and I never use the flight potion because I'd rather be able to use my weapon or hold a torch when I fly too high.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

it kind of bugs me that the duration of each potions is a weird number apart from cold resistance potion. 

do you think they would change the flight potion animation to something a bit more suited? for example when super heroes are casually flying, they sort lean forward on a 45 degree angle which i think fits better rather than flapping your arms. also like spirit said it would be helpful to be able to equip your weapon whilst using a flight potion.

• Like 3

@IEuphe This post is more about potion duration time, but I agree about the animation. It would be fun to see some other animations for potions. Such as ethereal wings that appear for flight, Melon and berry head potions make your head big and small....perhaps strength potions could make your arms bigger and speed potions could make your thighs bigger also.....although I think the animation suggestion deserves a separate post since it's sort of a different idea...and I'm pretty sure it would require a lot more work on the Ylands team than increasing duration time.

• Upvote 1