Question

I had to play as a guest when I was trying out an experimental branch and now I would like to play on my own account. Which seems not possible anymore. I am now logged as "Guest1234" I think and I found no "Log out" button. However, I suppose the Link button under the Profile tab should be used in that way? When I enter my age (why?), email and password, this comes up

image.thumb.png.fa85ee6cdf44f2e038aa7f3e5795e5db.png

I checked both my email (yes, it's the only one I use without a typo) and password. Could log in to Bohemia site with it. It was the same in my password manager. Still didn't work. So I changed it. Again, logged into my account on the Bohemia site but the game still gives me that popup.

I can normally log here on the forum to my Workshop page.

image.thumb.png.0814037dd4205ad45934ecccbd89a157.png 

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

are you using steam or microsoft version?  With Steam it's an easy fix. Uninstall the game, log into steam and then re install it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

are you using steam or microsoft version?  With Steam it's an easy fix. Uninstall the game, log into steam and then re install it. 

It's a steam version so thanks a lot! Seems like an easy fix. Will not be able to confirm though, because yesterday was the last time for me to play for a few days. But I do believe it's going to work! Thanks @spiritchaser28

• Like 1

Hey! 

Glad you were able to figure out a possible cause! 

Let us know in case you need any other help :) 

• Like 3

Just remember to back up your files before you re-install. C://program files(x86)/Steam/userdata/ (a folder with a bunch of numbers.....steam account number I think)/ 289610

the 298610 folder has all your game saves, blueprints, compositions , etc.....so that's the folder to store just in case something weird like this happens again. I keep a backup on a flash drive.....however, Bohemia has gotten pretty good lately at storing all that info in the cloud so when you reinstall ylands with that account most of the stored information should still be there.

• Upvote 2