Nikki Severin

Technical news - Housekeeping!

Hey there Ylanders,

Some quick housekeeping ?!

Ylands_210625_162430.png
(composition by @spiritchaser28 )

Our Explorer’s Pack DLC is getting a new home in the Ylands in-game shop starting June 30th. This is a part of an overall streamlining of the Ylands experience that we’ll expand on more below. The DLC is 20% off for the Steam Summer Sale, and will also be 20% off in the Ylands in-game store until the end of the Summer Sale event on July 8. If you already own the DLC, nothing changes for you! 

We’ve seen a lot of your feedback and we’re implementing many of the changes you’ve been asking for with our upcoming 1.7 update for the game. To ensure these new features are the best they can be, we’ve decided to push back the release date a week to July 8th. We know you’ve all been waiting for these changes, so we apologize for making you wait longer! This extra week will give us more time to polish these new elements and make the Ylands experience better for everyone!

This release date adjustment is a part of a larger plan to shift our focus on making the current version of Ylands the best it can be for you, our players! We’ll be revealing more details on this plan in the future, but the main thing is that our next 1.8 Update will be entirely focused on quality of life improvements, bug fixes, and an overall streamlining of the Ylands experience. 

Back to the 1.7 Update. Since we’re making you wait and all, we thought it was only fair that we give you a tease of the updates we’re making based on your feedback!

Tool management should now be much easier with an extended toolbox space, so that you can fit all of the knives, axes and chisels in there! Yep, that’s right, you can now add those three items to your toolbox as well!

image (3).png

And don’t forget about the amazing Mystery Ylands! You will be able to unlock those using Exploration points you will be collecting on your travels, and when you solve the mystery, the yland will reward you handsomely with new recipes, more Exploration points and valuable resources.  

image (2).png

Your feedback across all platforms has been heard, and our focus is giving you the features and updates you’ve been asking for. We appreciate your passion and your patience, and we’ll have more to share very soon!

Stay classy out there!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone! So @Nikki Severin does not get overwhelmed with messages. I asked about the live stream giveaway event and she said it has also been pushed back to July 12th.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

Our Explorer’s Pack DLC is getting a new home in the Ylands in-game shop starting June 30th. This is a part of an overall streamlining of the Ylands experience that we’ll expand on more below.

Just playing ‘devils advocate’ here. Sadly it’s the nature of my real job!

But this smells like a management level attempt to hide the fact that the DLC has slid into the Mostly Negative review band.

I’m just highlighting a potential issue here, I’m not attacking. Ylands has already got a damaged reputation, this potentially could break-down trust further in the brand.

On 6/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, Deadeye_Rob said:

Just playing ‘devils advocate’ here. Sadly it’s the nature of my real job!

But this smells like a management level attempt to hide the fact that the DLC has slid into the Mostly Negative review band.

I’m just highlighting a potential issue here, I’m not attacking. Ylands has already got a damaged reputation, this potentially could break-down trust further in the brand.

Hey! 

The main reason really is the fact that we will now have "Exploration demo", where players can try what the full exploration will be like and can decide if they want to make the purchase or not. It makes more sense to us to have it in the game so that new players don't have to leave the game to get the full version of Exploration. 

In general, we are going to be streamlining the game as much as possible so that it's not as confusing as people have pointed out to us. If there's any feedback you have regarding anything that could help the player experience, we would love to hear it! ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1