Sign in to follow this  
Fompster

UNDER REVIEW Cant open map

Hi,

I was just in the editor, editing some groups with comps inside, when all of a sudden the header that says you are currently editing a group did not go away even though I was no longer editing a group. I was unable to get rid of it so I saved the map and restarted ylands. I thought that would solve the issue but sadly it just made it worse ?

Now it will no longer allow me to open the map and if I switch to a different tab my map disappears. I really hope there is a way this can be fixed cause even though I do have some back ups, there is still a lot of progress to be lost.

output_log_clean.txt output_log.txt

P.S. is it possible to send my map over to get it fixed?

Thanks

Edited by Fompster
  • Upvote 1

Well that's a new glitch. Not seen it before. @Nikki Severin maybe you can get to the bottom of this on Monday when you get back to work? This seems like a lot more attention is gonna be required than usual.

@Fompster can you open the game in previously played games? Or have you tried to open it in editor by clicking open with the menu on left when you create a new game in editor?

Edited by spiritchaser28

Ive had it before where the banner doesnt leave when you finish editing the group, I think I may have reported it about a year ago. As to why the same things didnt happen to the map is cause I think I used to save it as a new map, where here I just saved it normally.

3 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

@Fompster can you open the game in previously played games? Or have you tried to open it in editor by clicking open with the menu on left when you create a new game in editor?

No, sadly it just does nothing. I am able to open all my other maps normally, and have also asked a friend of mine to see if he can open it but I have low hopes. I think saving the game in that state made the file unreadable for ylands :(

I am said friend, and the map behaved exactly the same for me... not too surprised but it was worth a shot.

@Fompster Can you please send me the map? I have the team looking into reproducing the issue but it will be easier if we have the map ? Thank you!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikki Severin said:

This issue should be now fixed, can you have a look and see if it's working for you? ? 

Hmm, nothing seems to have changed for me. Was there supposed to be a small update (the build number is still the same) or a new map?

Edited by Fompster

My apologies, it will be included in the next fix. A little misunderstanding in communication, sorry about that ?‍♀️

• Thanks 1