Spyler.X

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-38240] Engine request error 400

Question

The last patch broke a few things, which made the map impossible to test or save. Specifically, the bug was the referenced templates set to destroy the entity at the start of the game, with certain types of entities like fish, keys, and some miscellaneous stuff.
I managed to fix it so I could save and test the map and was able to export the first time, but now when I try to export I get "engine error 400"

unknown.png.ef330d5e07484ed9af76ae81e9e096e3.png

I am not sure if the error with the templates had something to do with it, since it is not with this specific map, I have tried to create a new map and I have the same error, at this moment I cannot export anything, it seems that it has been broken the connection with the workshop.
output_log.txt
output_log_clean.txt
I hope it can be fixed soon🤞, thank you

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi, those should be 2 separate issues. At the moment I can answer the part about templates and destroying referenced objects on export..

Problem is caused by custom variables/instructions with scope set as Global in scripts of referenced objects by templates. I agree that the error message could be more informative.

1. For Entity templates you should not need to have those variables/instructions available in other scripts -> the game prevents you to reference scripts which will not be available in playtest/after export.
  2. Bigger problem are Group templates where is valid to have references among objects in the referenced group but it will still prevent you to playtest. At the moment it is not possible to use "destroy on export" feature for Group templates. :( It will be fixed in next update.

scope.PNG

• Like 1

Hello @Houp
Thanks for answering.
For the templates, it happened with normal entities, without any type of programming.
But here it is not the issue since it was solved by setting them to non-destructible, that is why I have not given more details about it, I only commented on it in case it was responsible for the error in the workshop since it began to happen after these errors of template.
What I really need to fix is the export error.
I can export the map in local mode but not to the workshop, and this happens to me with any map even a new empty map.

the "engine resquest error 400" is very similar to a previous error "Unable to connect to destination host"
20201118095007_1.jpg

this was the error from the previous time, I have no idea if it is related  YLD-27347

Edited by Spyler.X

3 hours ago, Houp said:

At the moment it is not possible to use "destroy on export" feature for Group templates. :( It will be fixed in next update.

God bless your soul 🙏

@Spyler.X : for "engine error 400" - please try to repeat export now. It should work now for you.

Regarding issue with Entity templates: Can you send me your game (or composition with just problematic Entity template)? I would like to look into it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Houp said:

@Spyler.X : for "engine error 400" - please try to repeat export now. It should work now for you.

Regarding issue with Entity templates: Can you send me your game (or composition with just problematic Entity template)? I would like to look into it.

Hello Houp I have been able to export the map without problems thank you very much.🙌❤️

Regarding the error with the templates, this map was created with the latest version of ylands, the same thing happened for all types of fish, I leave you a map with one of them, you will have to activate the function of destroying the entity in the template .

ERROR TEMPLATES.rar