Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

1.11 Update Blueprints FAQ

Ahoy Ylanders!

With update 1.11 comes an option for you to upload your creations (aka Blueprints) to the Workshop so that other players can purchase them while exploring in the Adventure game mode (Game Blueprints) or when making their own custom games in the Editor (Game Blueprints or Creator Blueprints).

We feel that the following FAQ will help you to navigate this new functionality. The questions are sorted so that the ones we feel most of you will ask are at the top.

FAQ

Q: How do I upload a Blueprint to the Workshop?
A: You can select an existing Blueprint in either the game or in the editor and click the UPLOAD button. You may also choose to upload a Blueprint as you are creating it in the Editor.

Q: What is the most important thing to take into account when creating a Blueprint for others?
A: When making a Game Blueprint, the smaller the better. There's definitely a place for huge and complex structures but bear in mind that the simpler your Blueprint the more accessible it will be to others. With Ylands mobile platform becoming more and more important, designing your creations so that they don't contain hundreds or thousands of unnecessary objects makes a huge difference.

Q: Why can't I share my Blueprints with everyone for free if I don't want/need to earn coyns this way?
A: There are several reasons for this:

We need the Ylands economy wheels to start turning. We've been around for quite a long time already and to keep improving and adding new content to Ylands we need to do this. 
We have quite a strong creators' community consisting of people who spent hundreds or thousands creating content that has hundreds or thousands of assets they can put up pretty much instantly on the Workshop. And because of how classy our player base is at least some of these creators would have no problem putting in their creations for free. Classy as this may be, the sheer amount of top quality free Blueprints would make it quite difficult for those who want, for example, to sell their Blueprints to get coyns to rent a server.
Blueprints (and the Workshop in general) need servers accessible from all around the world. And that's something we need to pay for.

Q: All uploaded Blueprints need to have a minimum price - do my friends need to buy the Blueprints I created?
A: Absolutely not. This is when the new gifting system comes into play. You can gift any of your friends any Blueprints you make.

Q: What if I don't want my friend to pay for a Blueprint I made?
A: You can open the Details window of your Workshop Blueprint and gift it to your friend for free!

Q: I have uploaded a Blueprint for sale, but I wonder...is it safe?
A: Workshop Blueprints are protected from capture by anyone besides the author. 

Q: Which Blueprints can I use on Mobile?
    A: For the sake of performance, Blueprints of the HUGE size category are not allowed on mobile devices. Creator Blueprints are not available because there is no Editor in Ylands Mobile.

Q: If I contribute to a Blueprint, will I get credited?
    A: Each Blueprint detail window has a list of users and their contributions measured in a number of objects.

Q: Okay, but how do I cooperate in making a Blueprint then?
    A: You can still share Local Blueprints with the people you trust. Each of you can contribute your part. Once done, choose one of you to upload to the Workshop. Be careful though - files shared this way tend to have a life of their own and are not protected.

Q: I want to manage my uploaded Blueprints. Is there an easy way to access them?
    A: The easiest way is to navigate to the My Uploads tab in the Blueprint Browser screen.

Q: I uploaded a Blueprint, but I don't want it to be public anymore. What do I do?
    A: Open the details screen of that Workshop Blueprint and click the DE-LIST button. You can revert this action at any time with the LIST button.

Q: What happens to the delisted Blueprint?
    A: For you and for anyone who has previously bought it, the Blueprint remains listed in the Blueprint Browser - only the gifting feature is disabled. For anyone else, the Blueprint is not available in the Blueprint Browser.

Q: How do I change the details of my Workshop Blueprint?
    A: You can open the details screen where the editing of the Name, Price, Image reel, and Tag selection is available. Once you are happy with the changes, hit Confirm and Close the window.

Q: But what if I want to update the composition of the Blueprint itself?
    A: You can do that by first editing the source Local Blueprint and then clicking UPLOAD. The game will know that these two are linked and will Update the Workshop Blueprint instead of creating a new one.

Q: I want to make my Workshop Blueprint as presentable as possible! How do I make the thumbnail pretty?
    A: You can edit the image reel with up to 5 images taken using the 3D view. It is up to you how you compose the image using the orbit and the free camera.

Q: Is there a limit to how many blueprints I can create?
    A: There used to be a limit, but we have since removed it. As long as you can navigate through them, blueprint away!

• Like 4

WOW! There are more blueprints available today than yesterday and some of the builds are so amazing! Thank you for making this change. It will be my pleasure to purchase some of these blueprints that other players have spent so much time building and I'll be able to give back to them a little. I can tell right now, that I'll need to buy more coyns - there are so many I could use! A question though, will we still be limited in the amount of blueprints we can have? I keep a separate folder on my desktop to keep the blueprints that I'm not currently using due to the limit allowed in the game. Just wondering if that has changed also. Thanks, again!

Sandy 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SandyT said:

WOW! There are more blueprints available today than yesterday and some of the builds are so amazing! Thank you for making this change. It will be my pleasure to purchase some of these blueprints that other players have spent so much time building and I'll be able to give back to them a little. I can tell right now, that I'll need to buy more coyns - there are so many I could use! A question though, will we still be limited in the amount of blueprints we can have? I keep a separate folder on my desktop to keep the blueprints that I'm not currently using due to the limit allowed in the game. Just wondering if that has changed also. Thanks, again!

Sandy 

We are so happy to hear that! There is no limit now.

43 minutes ago, anna_svecova said:

We are so happy to hear that! There is no limit now.

Thank you for this question, we added it to FAQ.

quick fix for minimum blueprint prices being too high, consider removing basic building blocks from block count. best I can tell all the fancy builds use unique blocks.

I was going to post empty buildings for cheap and furnished for a premium, but the empty buildings are currently already as expensive as a furnished one would be.

5 hours ago, Gristle-4e5a1c0e661b6b1a said:

Really the whole Coyns thing for blueprints should go away.

I don't think it should go away. I'm loving the number of really good blueprints that we can purchase. I think it's important to give feedback on issues that we run into when using the blueprints, so the creators can fix them. I've also learned a lot and gotten some great ideas of how to create items just by studying how their blueprints were made by deconstructing them. And you don't have to purchase any blueprints if you choose not to. But I do think the option is a good one for those who do use it. Just my humble opinion. 🙂 Sandy

• Like 3

It's just wierd that this game charges the players for user made content when other games that offer user made content usually let the players use it for free.   Also if you do "sell" one of your blue prints there's about a 30% tax that Bohemia collects.   

20 hours ago, Gristle-4e5a1c0e661b6b1a said:

Is it possible to get a refund of the coyns spent for a broken blueprint?  jrocks SeaDragon can't be built in Exploration.  Really the whole Coyns thing for blueprints should go away.

Hello, Our QA just tried it and it works fine for them, what seems to be the problem exactly?

8 hours ago, anna_svecova said:

Hello, Our QA just tried it and it works fine for them, what seems to be the problem exactly?

Did they try building it in Adventure mode where the sea causes the completed parts to pitch and roll?  Did they put all the resources in at once or piece meal like someone actually playing the game would do it?  I've tried building it twice and it failed to build properly each time.  It did build properly in Creative where it get spawned in complete.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:32 PM, Gristle-4e5a1c0e661b6b1a said:

Did they try building it in Adventure mode where the sea causes the completed parts to pitch and roll?  Did they put all the resources in at once or piece meal like someone actually playing the game would do it?  I've tried building it twice and it failed to build properly each time.  It did build properly in Creative where it get spawned in complete.

Hi thank you for the details, I will ask :)