rihapat

Dev Diary #279 Help Us Craft the Crafting

Ahoy Ylanders!

Let's make this diary a bit different. Every two weeks we have a meeting where we go over all your feedbacks and reports. We have made some major changes in the crafting UI in the past and we are happy that you seemed to like it. Still, we are getting a lot of comments and suggestions towards additional crafting improvements you'd like to see. Which is magnificent! We've already implemented some of those ideas with the last patch 2.0.5, but when it comes to feedback we are never satisfied. That's why we want to ask all of you to let us know what you would like to see added and what you dislike or like when it comes to crafting and/or its UI.

DEV_DIARY_1920x1080_BCG.png

Hints for your feedback

Here are just some quick suggestions to get those feedbacking masterminds of yours started. ♥️

• How do you like the crafting interface?
  • Does the crafting menu feel intuitive in all stages of the game?
  • Have you ever experienced frustration while crafting, do you remember why?
  • Do you have some cool ideas? Don't hold back and feed us with it!

Thank you in advance for any feedback loot that you decide to drop for us, and we can't wait to start reading! Wanna know what we already implemented from based on the community feedback? Read our recent Community Corner HERE! Thank you for being here for us and driving us forward Ylanders!

Stay Classy!

I think we already know what the #1 gripe is ... The notification pop ups blocking the buttons 😅

Edited by handofthesly
  • Upvote 2

Get rid of the eye icon all together in the inventory/crating menu.

1) It's tiny and so many people don't even know it's there. Because of that they aren't aware you can break items. And it's behind a pop up most of the time like Hando mentioned.

2) There is no additional info or use to viewing items with the eye icon.
   -All the stats are listed in the right column of the normal screen anyway.
   -The picture of the item now, can be replaced by its 3D view (the axe itself in the screenshot)
   -The "break" button can easily fit above or in between the "equip" and "drop" button as shown in the edited screenshot.

image.thumb.png.46bddc620d3166b6c9f5156bc00988ec.png 

It's really tedious to break a lot of items as it is now.

• Like 1

Here's my unreasonable suggestion.
The ability to easily make custom sails and rigging. 

I don't know how doable this would be for you programming wizards but here's my idea.

What if, hear me out, there were some kind of node blocks to where we could link rigging to? Like the energy lines we can make now, but rope.
We'd need a special rigging tool (like the energy linker)

With that rigging and that special tool we could make surfaces from rope to rope. Sails.

We would set at least 3 corners on the rigging itself, to let the game know where we want our sail. 
The game would then generate a "flexible" surface like the sails we have now.

I imagine the following would be the most difficult if not impossible. But it would be so cool if the those sails would be affected by the wind and change shape accordingly.

I expect this to be perfectly implemented due the following update.
that last part was a joke please don't overwork yourself guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yo HasLEGO said:

2) There is no additional info or use to viewing items with the eye icon.

-All the stats are listed in the right column of the normal screen anyway.

What about things like food and potions that have a description and list of effects they have like cold/heat resist and strength bonuses? I guess that could get added as a small caption underneath the icon or new symbols under the stats section I suppose. 

I have to say I probably use that eye icon the most out of everyone, considering 90% of the wiki icons have come from the 3D preview there 😅 I'm in the process of making new icons using the editor instead now that I've sort of got used to it though

• Like 1

• Sort crafting list by items "available to craft" or "Include recipe with missing ingredients"

• Having chests linked to the workstations is a must either by local range or manually assigning a specific chest to link to a specific station.

• Having a more specific way of unlocking recipes for example buying recipes from traders or even using coyns or exploration points; Possibly even a branching system for example acquire so much iron to unlock all the iron stage recipes or collect so many engineering components to unlock further electrical recipes or a way to research aditional recipes through in game artifacts or other ingame aspects.

• Having items list what they break down into would help even if you have to first break the item before you know what it breaks down into.
  • Smelting tools/weapons or other metal items would make more sense than breaking them down into lesser components too for example breaking steel down into metal pieces doesn't make sense.
  • Having a way to break all would ease a lot of grind for players too I have had it several times where i just want to break a stack or worse when items don't stack and I want to break them into components to recycle them and have to click several times to break each one.
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 10:53 AM, Yo HasLEGO said:

Here's my unreasonable suggestion.
The ability to easily make custom sails and rigging. 

I don't know how doable this would be for you programming wizards but here's my idea.

What if, hear me out, there were some kind of node blocks to where we could link rigging to? Like the energy lines we can make now, but rope.
We'd need a special rigging tool (like the energy linker)

With that rigging and that special tool we could make surfaces from rope to rope. Sails.

We would set at least 3 corners on the rigging itself, to let the game know where we want our sail. 
The game would then generate a "flexible" surface like the sails we have now.

I imagine the following would be the most difficult if not impossible. But it would be so cool if the those sails would be affected by the wind and change shape accordingly.

I expect this to be perfectly implemented due the following update.
that last part was a joke please don't overwork yourself guys

OMG I need this 🤩

On 7/1/2023 at 5:52 PM, DarkoTHC said:

break a stack

hold ctrl when clicking the break button

1) I would love to have the option of using either paper or cloth to make wallpaper. It would be so cool to decorate the inside walls instead of having them the same as the outside. We could make it similar to carpets in the weaving station or create a separate workstation to handle it. I realize from some of the blueprints I've purchased that you can almost "stack" wall parts to have it a different layer on the inside but that is very labor intensive and material costly. Wall paper would be more flexible, it wouldn't require the laborious matching of the wall pieces so they look smooth, and maybe come with more options than what is available for decorations.

2) I would love to have chickens and cows added to the animals. It would make the ranching/farming schemes so much for satisfying and more true to life.

3) A working refrigerator. Thanks for asking us!!

Sandy

Edited by SandyT
Adding information

On 7/9/2023 at 2:21 AM, SandyT said:

1) I would love to have the option of using either paper or cloth to make wallpaper. It would be so cool to decorate the inside walls instead of having them the same as the outside. We could make it similar to carpets in the weaving station or create a separate workstation to handle it. I realize from some of the blueprints I've purchased that you can almost "stack" wall parts to have it a different layer on the inside but that is very labor intensive and material costly. Wall paper would be more flexible, it wouldn't require the laborious matching of the wall pieces so they look smooth, and maybe come with more options than what is available for decorations.

2) I would love to have chickens and cows added to the animals. It would make the ranching/farming schemes so much for satisfying and more true to life.

3) A working refrigerator. Thanks for asking us!!

Sandy

Thank you!!

• Like 1