anna_svecova

Community Corner #5

Hello everyone, 

How are you? Great? Good to hear, me too! I am here to tell you what assets and game functions we added based on your feedback and what we can and cannot do in the future.

You suggested adding a utility belt, a backpack with more slots in inventory, an ammo pouch, or more containers.
Done! We expanded all containers greatly since the last update. We have added an ammo pouch. We have added the much-requested lunch box!
One thing we cannot do however is add slots to the inventory, imagine the mess it would create. You wouldn't see the icons properly, we would have to make all the buttons smaller and add a scroll bar in the inventory. Overall this change doesn't seem effective to us. We are always thinking about how to make your traveling luggage lighter though! So I am sure we will come up with something to make you even more content in the future. :)

Running when?
Now! We added running in the last Update just as you wished. Long gone are the days of constant rolling around like a boulder.

You ask as often for a killable shark that would have a collision with the environment and player. 
Shark is sort of Ylands mascot. We understand that there should be more ways to scare it away however killing it is not on the table. 

Many of you find the Ylandium refinery too loud and annoying.
We are currently fixing that and will include that fix in the game soon.

Tamed should be able to attack by our side!
No, that is something we don't plan to add, the player is already really strong as it is.

Add ghost pirates!!
Done!!

Add amphibians and snakes!!
Our AI does not count with Amphibians and they would be super hard to animate. Snakes and any "flat" animals like slugs, turtles, crocodiles... would clip through terrain as they move, we don't want that to happen.

Add cloaks!!
Cloaks are not planned. With our graphics systems, we can not use physics on clothes, clothes need to fit the character and be bound to its animation bones.

Add an aquarium, where we can put fish in to watch them.
Unfortunately, that is not possible. Our fish live only in swarms with AI that are specifically made for open water. Plus it is difficult to work with water volumes on such a small scale. The only thing possible in the future might be a small aquarium with a specific fish would be a single decorative asset with very little animation (if any).

Add throwable spears, dynamite, ...
Throwable items except for grenades are not a priority there are already many ranged weapons in the game.

A screen that you can interact with and put URLs in to play videos.
That could become very problematic - somebody who would approve those URLs in public servers and games would be needed, LODing would be a huge issue, there would be a huge load of work behind that and it would consume plenty of run power of the servers. So unfortunately not possible.

A pipe that would run water.
There are already pipe blocks as decorations, however, pipes for water are not planned with the current water physics that we have in the game.

Add skis or a snowboard.
We are not planning any new means of transportation at the moment and if we would we might look at the sky first :P 

To be able to change the size of things (in the Editor mostly).
No, because it would have a huge impact on performance, and could break AI and other things. Objects have boundaries and other sizes would break it.

We would like to see more weapons in the game: Machine gun, M1 Garand, and more guns in general!
Not our focus, the implementation of a submachine gun caused many problems already, also we don't want to be an FPS military game, that's other BI titles :) Check Arma or Dayz.

Please change the controls as follows: I for inventory, TAB latest tab.
We did that in the last patch 2.0.5. :)

Add auto sort for inventory, seed box, and containers
This feature is being tested by our QA as we speak.

Create a Trading Yland
We created C.A.G. Port as we promised on the last stream. If you want more info just join our Discord.

Didn't find an answer to your question or suggestion? Check the previous Community Corner entries where we talked about underwater building, bicycles, submarines, and much more. If it isn't there either, it might mean we are working on it at the moment, we are yet to discuss it or are keeping it for later :)

Thank you for all your awesome ideas, you excited and loyal players motivate us to work hard on our game every day! 

Until next time (most likely later today on Discord).... Stay Classy!

Anna
Community Manager 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2023 at 3:18 PM, anna_svecova said:

Add auto sort for inventory, seed box, and containers
This feature is being tested by our QA as we speak.

I hope this can be personalized. Every person's inventory I've seen looks completely different. Some like their personal stuff and containers at the top, some at the bottom, some to the side even!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yo HasLEGO said:

I hope this can be personalized. Every person's inventory I've seen looks completely different. Some like their personal stuff and containers at the top, some at the bottom, some to the side even!

I keep my always-on items split both on top and down with the middle free for new stuff 😅

16 hours ago, Yo HasLEGO said:

Well I don't really know a lot of games that have it personalized 🙄 not sure it is possible.

8 hours ago, anna_svecova said:

Well I don't really know a lot of games that have it personalized 🙄 not sure it is possible.

I'd say as long as there's an option to sort alphabetically and maybe have it prioritise the inventory containers so they sort first at the top it would still be an improvement and probably work for the majority of players. The main reasons I want the sort feature is to organise within the inventory containers themselves, to get rid of any empty spaces and to condense stacks. An auto-deposit feature which can take items from the inventory and add them to their respective inventory containers would be handy too. It's frustrating dragging things one by one into their inventory containers, especially when it only takes a partial stack and leaves some in the inventory so you have to drag it in a second time.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, handofthesly said:

I'd say as long as there's an option to sort alphabetically and maybe have it prioritise the inventory containers so they sort first at the top it would still be an improvement and probably work for the majority of players. The main reasons I want the sort feature is to organise within the inventory containers themselves, to get rid of any empty spaces and to condense stacks. An auto-deposit feature which can take items from the inventory and add them to their respective inventory containers would be handy too. It's frustrating dragging things one by one into their inventory containers, especially when it only takes a partial stack and leaves some in the inventory so you have to drag it in a second time.

Autodeposit I think is not included yet, but we definitely want it in the future :)

I have the following feedback:

- Notification overlaying the item detail button.

- When moving item from ground / container to personal inventory container, it always opens the inventory container at the right side. I hate that, as it makes moving multiple things from ground / container into inventory hard

- Let us to create description to map notes!

- Add hints to UI. For example, that you can CTRL + click om "Offer item" when trading. What the small icons on ship compass might mean.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2023 at 4:17 PM, michal.pustejovsky said:

I have the following feedback:

- Notification overlaying the item detail button.

- When moving item from ground / container to personal inventory container, it always opens the inventory container at the right side. I hate that, as it makes moving multiple things from ground / container into inventory hard

- Let us to create description to map notes!

- Add hints to UI. For example, that you can CTRL + click om "Offer item" when trading. What the small icons on ship compass might mean.

I also have been annoyed by the notification over the item detail button! I have spent a long time in the Arid zone taking apart rods for metal pieces, and a good long while was waiting for the notifications to go away so I could click the item detail button on the next rod in my bag to break down. I Love that this is available, it gives you slightly earlier access to Iron.

I also have been frustrated by inventory containers opening rather than just letting me take stuff from the "Vicinity" tab continually. I have to click on an item in the inventory or another empty space to see the vicinity again.

Love the idea of being able to add map notes to the icons!

Add a clock to the HUD! Or a sphere that spins and changes from a moon to a sun and back as the day progresses. I'd like to keep track of how much day/night time left.

Add a Weather indicator to the HUD. With some graphics settings, you can't really tell what the weather is. Although, I have seen every once in a while a chat notification of clouds or something, not sure what that was. It would make catching mythics slightly easier for those on low graphics.

Add a Minimap to the HUD! Preferably with the option to turn on if you want to or have it off if you don't.

It would also be nice if the things that you add to your ship such as Sonar, Speedometer, etc. were also added to your HUD while you are driving so that you don't have to stop driving to check the distance to the next underwater encounter.

Make the Underwater Mines actually have a different icon on the Ship Compass, but make it actually show up instead of having to search everywhere for something that honestly isn't super productive yet. Perhaps eventually if/when we can have the ability to mine underwater they could be SUPER lucrative. For now though, they seem like a waste of time. I often get lost, spend waaaay too long, and leave with very little even though I take everything I can find. (I've also died several times before I got the Alien Diving Suit).

Make the Underwater Repellent Last longer or have an upgraded version of them or the actual device itself. I think I spend at least half of my time underwater. Perhaps more! I enjoy the underwater experience. Well, except for those pesky Animals I can only scare away for a very short while and then they just come right back. I understand this is a mechanic you are using to perhaps keep people like myself from just diving the whole day long! I think it would be great to be able to make them go away. Perhaps not permanently get rid of them, but, it would be nice to be able to have more than just a minute or two before they are just right back on top of you. There are no other creatures like this, only in the water. I've tried to shoot them from my boat, but, you can't harm them at all. The oceans are huge so, it's understandable that you would never be left alone for that long, something else would take it's place. But, maybe 5 or 10 minutes?

I also know I can build a device that gives a radius effect. I usually bring enough to build 10-12 of them at a time when I dive. These are a great help as well for getting ocean floor stuff, but not helpful when swimming around for fish as it won't reach high enough most of the time.

Oh, it would also be nice if the Fish Repellent Flare would go in your Tool Box since, it is a very necessary tool that I feel very vulnerable without on a dive!

I would also like to make the suggestion of an UNDO button for maybe the last action or two. I keep accidentally removing pieces I don't mean to remove because things are sunk into them. I'd love to be able to just UNDO the last thing and put it back rather than having to go find it, then make sure it fits correctly, then paint it again... waaahhhh! cry! I know players gonna whine...

I LOVE THIS GAME!! :D:D:D:D:D

(Even though I did just lose a whole herb bag full of Kelp Fiber in the new update.) :(

Edited by Alissadora
  • Like 1