Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #13

Hi there, fellow ylanders!

Because larger customizable boats are shaping up nicely, let me give you heads up so that you know what to expect. Today I'll show you a comprehensive list of what needs to be done in order to build the next Black Pearl. Building a ship has never been an easy task (fun fact: building a large ship during the late medieval period could actually take up to several years) so please bear with me while we go through the whole demanding process:

* create the hull via Crafting panel
* build anything you want to on it (e.g. having some sails so that you can move is generally considered a good idea)

and you are good to go. Well, looking back at the list - it doesn't sound that complicated, right? :) The hull even comes with a pre-positioned helm (steering wheel) but you are free to place it at any other spot you like. Once you take control of the helm you can control ship's direction and speed by raising and lowering of the available sails.

Diving_Collage.png

Oh...and yes, as the image indicates, it's time I also told you something about some of the cool things you will be able to find underwater. From time to time you will come across debris floating in the sea. If you feel like exploring you may stop your ship and dive. The obvious thing to find down there is a shipwreck (possibly with some nice things around it) but there will be many other interesting objects for you to explore. Some of them, however, may be located in the regions where the sea is really deep and you will need some extra help to get all the way down there (and back!) without drowning. There are actually several objects that can help you with that but we will leave up to you to find what those are.

And that's it for this week - looking forward to seeing you the next one and in the meantime, you stay classy, ylanders!

• Upvote 2

I will build the best dock for my upcoming ship. :D And I already did some preparing on this update, but there is one (maybe even more :P) thing I coulnd't figure out. How do you make flippers?  O.o They are usually made from plastic or some rubber, but there is nothing like that in Ylands as far as I know. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This looks amazing! The little touches that you guys put into the game make it so special.Is there any chance that we will see this update next week?

Edited by CoolPrius
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Michal. Unfortunately, you can't craft flippers right now because we don't yet have any source or way to create plastic as you said :) 

But you can always be lucky and possibly find something you can't craft! :)

• Upvote 2

The little details that are placed into this game is what will set you guys apart from the rest.  

NO ONE takes the time to insert details into their early access gameplay.  The simple details like finding tin cans and fishbones while digging sand for glass makes a world of difference.  Keep up the work on the simple details, and I know this will be a great game.  Remember, do not go faster than features allow.

Great work so far guys A++

• Upvote 1

I hope it will not be complicated to control the whole ship without the crew. Maybe it is common maritime practice for a ship to have a crew, but I prefer to sail the seas on my own. xD1.png

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1