Sign in to follow this  
acebelew

RESOLVED Crafting Tab inactive

Question

Version: 0.18.26159

Steps to repeat:

Why playing tutorial with the trial version.

Click Tab 

Presented with Character/Crafting/Inventory screen

Click Crafting and nothing happens.  Do not see any way to craft items.

I have collected many items in an attempt to craft items, they do show in the inventory, but I can not craft.

I have restarted the game and the same issues is present.

Severity: Critical/ Game not playable as intended. 

output_log.txt

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

More detail

I have tried changing resolution: no change

Tried changing to windowed mode: no change

Tried changing resolution scale: no change

Tried changing Graphic quality from High to all available options: no change

Somewhat resolved but not fixed

If I click on the left 1/6 of the crafting tab I can get it to open. 

I tried all the above and the original settings and clicking on the left 1/6 always works.

Hi acebelew,

First let me thank you for this feedback. Some players have reported this issues but so far we haven't been able to reproduce it - but the part where you mention that you are able to open it when clicking the button at certain area while not when clicking elsewhere actually tells us a lot and it will make it easier for us to locate and fix that. In the meantime you can try accessing the crafting panel with the dedicated key we added in the last patch (default N).

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience! 

I've sent you a PM with more info, acebelew :) 

20 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

... In the meantime you can try accessing the crafting panel with the dedicated key we added in the last patch (default N)...

The (N) hotkey does work if no windows is open, but if, for example the inventory windows is already open and you try to open the crafting tab by typing the (N) hotkey, it will not open as the inventory begins filtering on "n".  

In my opinion the filtering is a great, almost required, function as Ylands has so many items that can be found and created. So I understand why the hotkey cant work here. Hopefully the issue that prevents the crafting tab from opening can be fixed, then no compromise will be needed.

Yes, we are aware of that - that feature is not fully finalized, but we decided to release it anyway for those who would have problems entering the crafting panel like you are. Fortunately, I believe that thanks to your help, we have been able to find and fix the issue so in the upcoming update (which is due very soon) everything will be fully functional. So thanks again! :)