Farixy

What was your first videogame?

In the Nintendo Entertainment System, it was probably Super Mario Bros 2.

image.png

On PC, I remember playing Volfied and Curse of Enchantia.

image.pngimage.png

I pretty much sneakily "stole" what my brother played for most of my childhood, and he didn't like it much :D But hey, I believe I wouldn't be where I am right now and love games so much if it wasn't for him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not really sure, but it definitely was something out of a Fun Pack, guess it was brought out by EA back in the 80's as is was accompanying a newly bought 286 Vendex PC our family had. As i can remember it was or Chuck Yeager flight sim, Simcity, some sports game with darts and bowling or Paperboy. Soon after, we had a NES and later on a sega megadrive, a 90's sega portable (game gear?) but i always felt PC games were and are to this day, still better.

I remember having my first computer at age 7 I wanted Play1 but I have to say that my father was right he did well to buy me a PC and two of the first games I had on PC.

The lemings in the diquete format still have a list with the keys of the levels and Duke Nukem that was a marvel in those years.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.26afcddbd01ba16e70be34eac495d465.jpgDuke-Nukem-II-Apogee-Software-1993-PC-Xtreme-Retro.png.2a4d62355520b8e87e2d66c6ea062c84.png

Magnavox Odyssey  home console.  An enhanced clone of Atari Pong.  First computer game?  Lunar Lander on some PDP (8?) mini system.  And then again on the Apple II as my first desktop.

Edited by Baz Foobar

On 11/18/2017 at 11:04 PM, Farixy said:

Hello,

I'm generally curious, which videogame was the first you ever played? - mine was Ratchet & Clank (1) for the Playstation 2!

Why not include computer games in there that had nothing to do with video?  My first 2 computer games were Adventure which was the all text precursor to Zork and a very primitive star trek type game which only used keyboard characters as the graphics.  I also played one of the first online multiplayer games on the GEnie network which was an AD&D game hosted by live dungeon masters using their own scenarios.  I wanna say this was all around 1984 1985 or so.  If you want to count the game console for Pong that was around 1978 or so and i had one of those.  I also had a few small items published in Commodore and Ahoy computer magazines and another published in Lou Sanders Tips and tricks for commodore computers.  I still have the 10 dollar checks in a scrapbook somewhere around here.  LOL