zelosko

RESOLVED Cant walk after disembarking

Question

When playing as a guest on a friends server, stepping foot on our ship causes the inability to move normally or sometimes at all when stepping back on land. We've come to call it sea-legs. I've embedded a YouTube video of this happening which shows how movement is effected for the guest after disembarking. The only button pressed after leaving the ship is 'w' and this just spins the character on the spot and sometimes will move them forwards in a zig-zag motion. It should be noted that it happens only to the guest playing, and we have tried it with each one of us hosting and every time the guest always gets sea-legs.

output_log.txt

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Both of these did actually help cure the sea-legs when getting off the boat so thanks! Only problem is that the guest lags around massively on the ship and constantly gets thrown off into the water or inside the boat (and getting stuck). I know it has nothing to do with our internet and it never used to happen.

1 hour ago, zelosko said:

Both of these did actually help cure the sea-legs when getting off the boat so thanks! Only problem is that the guest lags around massively on the ship and constantly gets thrown off into the water or inside the boat (and getting stuck). I know it has nothing to do with our internet and it never used to happen.

I recommend that the guest guide the ship, he can't drop the wheel until you reache the destination, there, the host must clean the sharks and let the guest arriving at the island, then you restart the game so that everything returns to normal .

You do your work on the island, and whenever you need to bring the resources to the ship, have to be the host to do it, the guest can't get on the ship until it's time to leave, that's how I played with my cousin.

This is what we can do until the team solves this problem.

Yes, we are working on a fix, for now those temporary solutions will help you. Sorry about that!

This issue should be fixed as of yesterday's update - can you guys try?

Hey sorry it's been a while. Sea legs seems to be fixed now which is great so thanks for that! Guest still gets thrown off the boat a lot though.

• Upvote 1