kimbuck

RESOLVED [YLD-7618] Falling through earth again

Question

Fell through the earth  again  lost everything ...:S  unstuck  commands    not helpful

log files attached

Game hung..    avatar goes nowhere...   just  floats there          re logging   returns to same situation .  

Very frustrating after  3 days of work etc.:(

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

20171128143910_1.jpg

20171128143813_1.jpg

20171128143839_1.jpg

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

I  tried to re log ...waited for  15  minutes watching  my avatar  in space   flapping  arms and  running  nowhere..  then  i "suddenly died from unexplained circumstances" .. you guys sure have  a funny  sense  of humor;)

Respawned and  then went searching  where i "disappeared" to see if i could locate  my  grave-site  and  recover anything ...   nothing  found.  -which is a shame as i was bringing back  all my  back up weaponry and  clothing  etc to re stock  my  re-spawn  area.

Decided to  take a break and   try anew game  after the  29th  update, as i lost so much equipment its will be   just as easy to re-start  from the  beginning.

But i noticed  something   that  might be associated with the incident?....   around  the Yland is  what appears  to be a barrier...  like a  join in the  tile between  my  yland and other ylands nearby.  I   took 3  screenshots ...

Will spend the  next  couple of days  in my padded cell banging  my head against the  wall,  waiting  for the updates xD

20171128222712_1.jpg

20171128222533_1.jpg

20171128222636_1.jpg

We just released a patch that should hopefully fix this issue, or at least, in case it happens, mitigate it. Could you be so kind to let us know if it happens again?

• Thanks 1

Terrific!  ...will do!

Decided against  re-starting  and i managed to  return to my base and  re-craft what i lost. 

If it  re-occurs, will grab log  file  immediately and  advise you    

Thanks!;)

• Thanks 1

Had this happen to me just now while riding my horse, it was galloping. We are now stuck in darkness, I can't move or dismount my horse. Re-logging doesn't help, unstuck commands don't help. I'm stuck!

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by handofthesly
  • Thanks 1

Could it be related to  our graphics card?  I have a Nvidia  GTX 750 .....   They  sent me an  update  today.

If anyone else   has this  issue,  perhaps they could  advise their  graphic  card  details, it  might  be a factor...

Edited by kimbuck
failure to use spellchecker

It was strange because eventually we stopped falling and were just standing there, the horse was even going through idle grazing animations. In all honesty it happened so quick that I couldn't tell if it was because I hit an object or a particular part of the terrain. Unfortunately there is no gravestone marker to show me where I died. I managed to use the /killme command to respawn but lost all of my gear. My other horse isn't reacting to my summons anymore either :( 

1 minute ago, handofthesly said:

It was strange because eventually we stopped falling and were just standing there, the horse was even going through idle grazing animations. In all honesty it happened so quick that I couldn't tell if it was because I hit an object or a particular part of the terrain. Unfortunately there is no gravestone marker to show me where I died. I managed to use the /killme command to respawn but lost all of my gear. My other horse isn't reacting to my summons anymore either :( 

Did you at least manage to keep all your items in your inventory?

Edit: oops, I just read you lost all your gear :/ And you're playing the latest version on Steam, right?

It was the latest Steam version when I posted but I see the new Steam Release Candidate has just been released so hopefully this fixes it. It was either die of starvation or use the /killme command as /unstuck wasn’t working. Either way I think I would have lost my gear as I wasn’t “falling” anymore.

Edited by handofthesly

9 hours ago, handofthesly said:

It was the latest Steam version when I posted but I see the new Steam Release Candidate has just been released so hopefully this fixes it. It was either die of starvation or use the /killme command as /unstuck wasn’t working. Either way I think I would have lost my gear as I wasn’t “falling” anymore.

I think it had to do with you riding the horse when you fell through it, I believe that scenario should now be fixed too.

Summoned my horse and it spawned at the entrance of the clay house. As soon I hoped on the Horse we fall through the earth. we had stopped falling and had the horse grazing animation. It was strange . Please try to fix the issue.