WijkagentAdrie

DEV ANSWER Extreme: Annihilator vs. Boat hull

Question

Currently you can easily missclick with the annihilator when building a boat, effectively destroying your entire boat. This is extremely frustrating as you simply destroy an awful lot of work in a split second, either by mistake or faulty hitboxes. Please make a popup that asks whether you REALLY want to destroy your ship.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a perfectly nice ship, preferably spend at least an hour on it.

2. Misplace a block on the hull.

3. Missclick when trying to annihilate the block, hitting the hull instead.

4. Cry

Severity: Extreme - Makes you lose every little enjoyment you get from the game if this occurs to you.

Repeatable: Always

• Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

To prevent this happening from me again I've searched for a workaround:

Every 30 mins I simply copy/paste the savegame from Documents>Ylands>SaveGames to my personal backup folder. Hope this saves you guys from losing your lovely boats!

Adrie

• Upvote 1

Thanks for letting us know!

I understand that this can be very frustrating and we will definitely do something about it. The solution will most likely be released with an update later this month.

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

to be completely honest this was given a lower priority than it should have by mistake (my bad) and because of it was put aside in favor of some other fixes. I'll discuss this with our programmers and let you know in here (but most likely early next week).

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I just wanted you to know that someone is working on that. I‘m not sure it will be in 0.7 (I'm pushing so that it is) - if won't be long after that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

This exact situation happened to a player on a server I play on three consecutive times, one must use EXTREME CAUTION when using the Ahni anywhere near a ship as things can get quite expensive quite fast destroying a fully built 3+ hrs vessel in an instant especially one laden with loot. 

15 minutes ago, Evilskrod said:

This exact situation happened to a player on a server I play on three consecutive times, one must use EXTREME CAUTION when using the Ahni anywhere near a ship as things can get quite expensive quite fast destroying a fully built 3+ hrs vessel in an instant especially one laden with loot. 

This has been prevented in the newest version (0.7) :) Relevant part of the changelog:

• Ships and cars can only be destroyed with the Annihilator if there's nothing built on them

Yes, that's right. If, for some reason, this would still happen to you even in 0.7, please let us know so that we can investigate. Thanks!