Sign in to follow this  
Silwercastle

RESOLVED Update: Ship not moving forward.

Question

Added another large mast as advised, ship did not move.

Moved to front of ship and ship moved suddenly forward, ran back to helm to take control.

Ship stopped moving on taking hold of helm.

Released helm and moved to front of ship to shoot sharks and ship moved again out to sea.

Did not go back to helm and left ship to move away from beach.

Went back to helm and this time on taking controle i had full control of all ship movement. 

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

Not related to your issue, but for anyone else who stumbles across this thread: make sure your sail is pointing forward! 

Please send us the following file: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

8 minutes ago, Ane said:

Please send us the following file: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Here is my first post with the output, before i got the ship moving. Andre told me to add more sails and left it there.

Silvercastle ...  is that  large  mast  on the   deck  or on additions above the deck?  It has to be on the actual  dect to  function..

2 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Silvercastle ...  is that  large  mast  on the   deck  or on additions above the deck?  It has to be on the actual  dect to  function..

It is on the actual deck, both of them. I added one now even furter forward. The ship here moved even here with one mast on its own, but stopped when i took control.

perhaps  its something  to do with the  location of the helm? it might have to be on the actual deck as well?

1 minute ago, kimbuck said:

perhaps  its something  to do with the  location of the helm? it might have to be on the actual deck as well?

Nope i moved it all over the ship and the helm works for the sails up and down as well as reversing. Like i said the moment the ship got to open water on its own (me not at the helm) i could take full contole of the ship from then on.

Hmm the  ship is not the"marie celeste"  by the way?  :D

..or the "flying Dutchman" xD...hopefully  Ane  will have an explanation/fix for you

7 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Hmm the  ship is not the"marie celeste"  by the way?  :D

..or the "flying Dutchman" xD...hopefully  Ane  will have an explanation/fix for you

Well i was thinking of testing a cargo load full of tnt on it. :S

As i stated it is working now after going through a lot of hoops, but there is a bug there sum where that they might like to look at. 

• Thanks 1

Another thought ...maybe it was the water depth?  Hull resistance is  less  when  going backwards....   perhaps there was a  shoal or something  and  eventually  you got up enough momentum to slide over it?

One  ship i built  was in what i though was deep water, but it was in a bay and there were shoals  around the seaward side  -took ages  digging a channel and fighting off  sharks ,but  eventually got  it into open water

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Another thought ...maybe it was the water depth?  Hull resistance is  less  when  going backwards....   perhaps there was a  shoal or something  and  eventually  you got up enough momentum to slide over it?

One  ship i built  was in what i though was deep water, but it was in a bay and there were shoals  around the seaward side  -took ages  digging a channel and fighting off  sharks ,but  eventually got  it into open water

xD Nope again. The ship was moving on its own as long as i did not touch the helm. I also looked under the ship and it was clear from the bottom, i have the shark bite marks on my but to prove it. :P

• Haha 1