Sign in to follow this  
Silwercastle

RESOLVED New map after death not working

Question

Died ... nothing new here :$

Re-spawned on my spawn point not the island I died.

Halfway in sailing back discovered hidden terrain was not being revealed .... just ignore it.

Got old gear and forgot to collect old map... and that's where the mess began.

While in the cave found another map and got bright idea to destroy map I spawned with and use the map on the floor .... it should be better right ..... not a bright idea.

Sailing back home and check map ... no new terrain revealing and suddenly revealed areas vanishes.

Exit game and have a look at map again, can now reveal hidden terrain again .... all previously discovered terrain gone... have to rediscover everything... even my base :S

output.zip

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

This will be fixed possibly in the next update :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made a 2nd map, the 2nd map was updating and the old one wasnt. I quit back to the main menu and then re-loaded the game and my original map worked again so i ditched the 2nd map.

You mentioned your orignal map wasnt working after you re-logged. Maybe next time try making a 2nd map and having them both on your tool bar when you re-log?

5 hours ago, Ane said:

This will be fixed possibly in the next update :)

Will the MP maps be fixed as well? All my clan mates grumble when they connect to my server about their maps being reset. Mine works since I'm the host.

Edited by blfonsworth

25 minutes ago, blfonsworth said:

Will the MP maps be fixed as well? All my clan mates grumble when they connect to my server about their maps being reset. Mine works since I'm the host.

We hope so, yes :)

As a side-note, would it be possible to duplicate maps?  This may somewhat mitigate issues with maps being reset; have the host copy their map for others when needed.  Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, Ethan Gordon Wilson said:

As a side-note, would it be possible to duplicate maps?  This may somewhat mitigate issues with maps being reset; have the host copy their map for others when needed.  Just a thought.

Even without the current map glitch this would be a good feature. As new friends join you could replicate your map for them so they can see not only where they are now but where you've been so if they go off exploring solo they dont go somewhere you've already been

Also... I believe map data should not be lost upon re spawn. Potentially hundreds of hours of map data collected all lost due to not being able to find your old map? Very frustrating circumstance. Old map data should stay with new map... 

Scratch that. Map duplication and storage would avoid that. Merging 2 existing maps in hand would be nice as well.

Edited by Steven-d4451e7d7c9404e3

On 12/14/2017 at 2:46 AM, Steven-d4451e7d7c9404e3 said:

Also... I believe map data should not be lost upon re spawn. Potentially hundreds of hours of map data collected all lost due to not being able to find your old map? Very frustrating circumstance. Old map data should stay with new map... 

Scratch that. Map duplication and storage would avoid that. Merging 2 existing maps in hand would be nice as well.

I think map ideas would be better served in another thread, so we can hash them out there.  I love the idea of merging them (making a cartographer's table to allow this, along with map copy/storage).  Oh, the possibilities!