MyMumIsAstronaut

DEV ANSWER Borderless window

Question

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Unity kinda already supports Borderless mode.

If you go to the install directory for Ylands then to 'Game', in there you will see 'Ylands.exe' create a shortcut for it, then right click the shortcut go 'Properties' and in the Target field add  -popupwindow  to the end of it so it look something like below

"C:\Program Files\Ylands\Game\Ylands.exe" -popupwindow

Then in the game menu go Configure>Graphics and check windowed mode, you can change the resolution and it'll be borderless.
However it seems to be abit finicky when changing the resolution as when I changed it to a lower I could not change it t a higher resolution but uncecking windowed confirming the changes then checking windows and then change the resolution before confirming and then confirm seemed to work around that little issue.

Hope I helped and help anyone else that would like Borderless windowed mode until something more included into the game comes around.

Also I should note, running threw said shortcut doesn't launch the launcher so your game won't update if there is an update available so bare that in mind also.

Edited by nohalfmeasures
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately it is not possible to play in borderless or fullscreen windowed modes for now. This is something we would like to add in the future, but I'm afraid it won't be ready this year and it will happen sometime the next one. I'll keep you posted once we have more details!

You can configure the resolution of your window to fullscreen resolution that gets you very close to maximized window mode. Note that resolution in the window and fullscreen modes are configured independently. I hope it helps.

But yes, it would be best if the window can be maximized and resized and it is something we need to address. We are aware that borderless window mode is also very useful.

While there is no borderless mode, you can use a little software.
The game (s) needs to be in window mode to work.

Shift + F12 to change.

Enjoy :)

BORDERLESS.rar

Edited by BigBoss87