Sign in to follow this  
Ane

0.22: Fabulous Funfair (08/03/2017)

CHANGELOG

Fabulous Funfair - 08/03/2017

THE_LINE.png

HIGHLIGHTS

• Codex - feeling lost? No more! Find a lot of useful information in our awesomely looking Codex. More topics coming soon! You can access it via F1 by default
  • Ships are now physically simulated. You can walk over them as you sail and they rock, shake when collide, or interact with the sea surface. They now have (by default) an anchor and a lever that controls it. Note that building on anchored ships is much easier than on ones that move.
  • Funfair scenario - a lot of fun Ylands activities on a small place

THE_LINE.png

NEW FEATURES

• Control schemes for rafts, boats, and horses were unified. Default keyboards/mouse controls are now always WSAD with mouse used to rotate camera
  • Code redeeming system implemented. Now it's possible to unlock specific items for players based on codes (e.g. as part of promotions during events like PAX, as a reward for helpful players etc.). Please note that any items given out to players this way are only visual variants of existing ones and they will never give players advantage over those who don't own them.
  • Discovering potions is now easier - if the tested ingredients make up any potion, exact number of each of those needed is shown
  • Additional batch of optimizations (object visibility, faster map processing etc.)
  • New polished jump and fall animations
  • Player character scale scaled down slightly to exact 1.0 in order to make external modding easier
  • A lot of sounds are newly exposed for players to use in Scenario editor
  • Improved Main menu scene <-> game scene transition time and smoothness
  • Smoother horse swim transitions
  • Introduced the first batch of redone horse riding animations
  • New horse turning on spot animations
  • New mounted horse idle animation (horse head is not obstructing player's view)
  • Horses now turn faster
  • Specific audio environment is now enabled when entering caves
  • Improved gamepad controls for various ingame panels
  • If you force a controller through Configure/Controls/ActiveController, the change will happen immediately after closing the dialog.
    Additionally:
    - The option to force gamepad is not presented in the dropdown unless a gamepad is connected
    - If gamepad is disconnected while gamepad control is forced, the control switches to keyboard and controller mode to 'automatic'

THE_LINE.png

NEW ASSETS

• Funfair banners (13)
  • Anchor lever
  • Energy gate (NOT) 

THE_LINE.png

FIXES

• Fixed Sun, Moon and stars not being visible in the sky
  • Removed obsolete 'Visual distance slider'
  • It is no longer possible to build on falling objects
  • "Evil genius' yland" is no longer marked as favourite automatically
  • Fixed incorrect time of day set in Main menu under some circumstances
  • Fixed issue where players were able to place dirt, sand etc. right in the air with Terraformer
  • Gun no longer disappears from player's hands after shooting from a cannon
  • Fixed cannon crosshair disappearing when operating the machine with an item in player's hands
  • Fixed machines forcing FPS camera mode incorrectly
  • Fixed erroneous focus when controlling machines
  • Horses no longer climb over walls
  • Fixed mishap event while mounted 
  • Fixed small issues with the horse movement
  • Fixed player position relative to ship rudder to align rudder steering animation
  • Fixed localization and hiding of the message box shown after losing connection to host
  • Energy Streams are now properly updated when the nodes are moving. Ports that are not in the same storage (e.g. the same boat) cannot be linked
  • Greatly reduced spread of items dropped from destroyed entities
  • Fixed several issues related to dropdown lists
  • [Dedicated server] Fixed unclickable parts of Server Monitor 
  • [Dedicated server] Fixed dedicated server not starting when there is an existing saved game associated with a no longer existing scenario
  • [Dedicated server] Fixed infinite map loading when running a dedicated server
  • [Dedicated server] Server Monitor: Fixed restart/stop buttons not working properly
  • [Launcher] Launcher now works properly in 1366x768 and 1369x768
  • [Gamepad] Fixed issue where players were not able to access all skin colors in Character creation panel
  • [Gamepad] Fixed issue where highlight outline sometimes got disconnected from slider handle
  • [Gamepad] Players can now scroll the Cube catalog with analog stick
  • [Gamepad] Fixed incorrect gui elements highlighted when switching tabs via LB/RB
  • [Gamepad] Fixed crosshair moving down instead of up while shooting
  • [Gamepad] Horse riding has now valid gamepad buttons set by default
  • [Gamepad] It is now possible to rename ylands with gamepad
  • [Gamepad] It is now easier to access 'Take all' button in Container panel
  • [Gamepad] Onscreen keyboard no longer overlaps feedback panel
  • [Gamepad] It is now possible to write passphrase and search for a game
  • [Gamepad] It is now possible to navigate through Basic feedback form
  • [Gamepad] It is now possible to zoom and rotate in item detail view
  • [Gamepad] Question marks are no longer shown as hotbar shortcuts
  • [Editor] Fixed selection being blocked by hidden terrain

THE_LINE.png

COMING SOON

Coming Soon to your ylands… Wonderful Writing!

For months our bookshelves have been missing something, filled with wordless books that contain no stories to write or read. That will be a thing of the past! Write your adventures down and leave your legacy for other ylanders to find or read a bedtime story before taking a nap. 

• Upvote 3

Looks like not just boats but also horses are greatly improved. :) I'm just little sad I'm not able to be in Boston plus now with those special items. :P

To next update: I hope that we will be able to find some written books even in the Places of Wonder. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey guys my launcher seems to be broken since i update the game;

error message

"There should be 'Ylands_Data'
folder next to the executable"

i create this one but nothing happens...

Any help?

regards

Hi, you don't have to create that folder, it gets created automatically. Can you please send us your logs? You'll find them in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\YlandsLauncher\YlandsLauncher.log and YlandsLauncher-previous.log.

Thanks!

Update: 20/03/2017

Version: 0.22.30657

• Fixed some of the problems occurring during the game update stage
  • Added more detailed logging during the update stage so that potential problems are easier to identify 

I got the exact same problem.

I'll try to reinstall it, would you like to have the logs before?

Screenshot (9).png

Nice update we've got here, the way boat hulls work is really an improvement! I've got a lot of feedback, questions and suggestions as well:

Overall feedback:

I'm really happy with the priorities of the development. I've played a lot of early access games, a lot sandbox survival but also DayZ standalone and I can't stress enough that prioritizing is key. It's nice to see that dedicated servers and the way boats behave got some love. After testing the game I've found that a lot of mechanics are working which I thought weren't.

Questions:

• In the funfair I couldn't find the pharaoh's name, can you give me a hint as to where to find it?
  • Is there a way to transport water? I've seen the lake/dam which you had to blow up, can I for example fill a bucket and empty it somewhere to create a lake?
  • Do boat hulls displace water?
  • Is there a way to repair ship hulls? And can you lift ships after they have sunk?
  • Is center of gravity accounted for in ships?

Suggestions:

• More people per server, so we can start having some communities!
  • "Infdev", infinite growing maps based on mapseeds.
  • "Lego" boat hulls! I already said it last time I think but at the moment there's so much space/volume wasted in the boat hulls. This could be either just a "bath tub" or a full modular design with different bows/sterns and middle parts so you can choose the length/width and modern/old styling. In case hulls actually displace water this could be below the waterline, if not it could stay above. Also, the modular hull has the advantage of having low sides so you can have windows low in the hull:
  • 92710c01.jpg
  • Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego pirate hull
  • Simply more blocks to work with! Inverted triangles, a lot more smaller blocks, more color variations etcetera. Also some flatter/longer slopes to make more detailed hulls.

Thanks for the nice work again!

Adrie

• Upvote 1

Hey WijkagentAdrie,

Thanks for your feedback!

Pharaoh name: that's actually a trick question (some might say "lame joke" but personally I prefer "trick question" :) ) and you don't really have to go anywhere or look for anything to solve it ;)
Transporting water: no, not at this point, but this has actually been on our todo list for ages so the time when this will be possible is near (the dam was filled with Terraformer tool)

The ships right now are just another iteration step (although this one will stay there for some time) - they are physically simulated in terms of collisions but they don't really displace water. Fixing the hulls is something is something we are currently looking into. Lifting sunken ships won't probably happen (at least not anytime soon).

Being able to build even ship hulls from blocks: we did think about this when we were creating initial design document for ships - we agree that it would be super cool to be able to do something like this but the truth is that right now we don't really have the capacity to pull this off in a reasonable time frame - implementing this would take months when the work on many other features and fixes would have to be put on hold and that isn't something we can do right now. That being said we do see this as the next big step for our ships and we'd love to implement it sometime in the future.

More people per server: now that is what I call a perfectly timed question! Actually we're about to raise that limit..

Infdev: noted! :)

A.

• Upvote 3

New update 0.3 is close, but I just today found the new colored sails for ships from the last update. xD I really love these things that aren't listed anywhere, just waiting for us to be found. :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1