kimbuck

Visits by the developers?

I was  wondering if  one day when on line  a strange  ship  would  arrive at you base, and  you get a visit by one or  more of the  Devs.  looking around to see how  you use the game ...and possibly  to  glean ideas for  future additions.:D

I think it would be really cool  if  one  day  Ane  or  Ales  sailed into my harbor and said  "hi".

Also  perhaps  it become possible to  "visit"  other   Ylands...on invitation ...   say hi   look around and then return  to your own Yland.  To  make it  simple,  you would arrive and return with zero inventory items.  Just  visiting to look and be  shown around  as a  tourist.

Any thoughts  on this  suggestion?:P

• Upvote 1

I think that can very well happen one day ;) (actually we already discussed something like "visitor mode" a few weeks ago but it was put on ice for now since there were more pressing issues and features to take care of... but we want to have something like that in future - let's hope you have some nice guest house ready by the time our ship appears on the horizon :D )

• Like 1

Got a nice comfy  bamboo raft ready,  fitted with a grass mattress and surround by eager  shark  hospitality  staff :P

That would be cool if you could visit other ylands by invitation. would make it very interesting and make the world much bigger.

I believe I was one of the first people to host a dedicated server (before it got taken offline, this screenshot is from June!), and one night I got visited by the devs @Berzeger and Yakub (I don't know his forum name on here). We gathered some stuff and decided to make a massive log staircase to one of those floating platforms to go and see what we could find there :) In the mean time we had a chat about the game and it was fun altogether! Thanks for playing that night guys!

Ylands_170607_230352.thumb.png.cf4aab7f8c94cee26aa7171d069f589e.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1