Question

I traveled so far from my Island, to discover map. I arrived to Ice Island, all normally, but when i went to return to my island, the ship didnt twist, only go forward and backward. I decided to change the wheel, but when i gonna place it, the ship start do strange things

Ylands_Ship_bug.rar

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Did you by any chance place anything on your ship before that happened? Like a computer you found in the ocean?

eh.... yeah, exactcly, i placed a computer what i found above a plane sunken. Cant i recover the computer or place the wheel? Or i have to build another ship? thanks anyway

Yes, placing the computer makes the ship unturnable. To fix it you need to destroy the computer (the best way is to open your game in the Editor and doing so - the problem might be to actually find the computer...)

Hello, since this is a known bug i am wondering why there are still computers in this game.

I have been taken with passion with this game, the refreshing graphics, the fun of discovering new techs as you go, and the fact you can and must sail fom island to island, just brilliant and splendid, i spend 45 hours in four days ingame, polishing my first base, then making my second ship perfect for long travels (my first was a newbie s mess) to finally visit three islands only...

Because i found a floating computer and found it so fun i wanted to have it in my captain s quarters, built myself a nice desk, an assorted chair, and when i placed that computer it directly vanished on me, nothing on the desk, nothing under the ship nor above, ok no biggie, i went exploring that third island a bit.

But then i went back to my ship and decided to move... Only to find myself unable to steer anymore.

After som research on the web i finally found it was because of that stupid computer, so i re logged in and tried to find it on foot, but nothing, nowhere... Then i found this thread and saw Ane s suggestion, so i opened my game in the editor, got rid of water and land, and spent almost an hour tracking that computer around that third island... But it is nowhere to be found.

So thanks for the suggestion that does not work, but, after being so happy with this game, i am disappointed that you did not get rid of those computers yet by yourselves since you know perfectly what they do. 

Wouldnt there be some magic conosle command that would help delete computers around even if you do not see them? That would be really fancy...

The computer has been removed on our side. I believe it should be fixed in the 0.6.3 update.

• Thanks 1

Until then, since my ship really had become my base, with all my workstations and chests, and it is stuck here on the shores of a desert island, i live the nomadic life, exploring around on a simple little boat charged with wicker baskets so i can bring back seeds and ores i need, it s another way to play the game, it s a lot slower, but i m truely hoping the bug fix will free my Ship and make it steer again. My only regret will be to lose my faithful little boat since we can't attach one to the ship...

On 09/01/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ane said:

Yes, placing the computer makes the ship unturnable. To fix it you need to destroy the computer (the best way is to open your game in the Editor and doing so - the problem might be to actually find the computer...)

Damn this thing bugged me off really hard =)

But i did find HOW TO PROCEED: In the editor, you will first need to find your ship (SHIFT+WASD for fast moving the camera). Once you have it in sight, you must SELECT it by clicking the HULL, you will then have a green cubic highlight sourrounding your ship AND the computer, If the computer is FAR AWAY, the green cubic highlight will be HUGE. The NEXT STEP is to MOVE your ship as far as you can towards the FURTHEST corner of the green cubic highlight, then move your camera towards it again, you may need to do the SHIP MOVE + CAMERA MOVE several times depending on how far the Computer is, until eventually the green cubic highlight gets smaller and smaller. At some point is will be small enough for you to see both your Ship AND the computer (You may want to hide both WATER and GAME(terrain for that matter)) in order to actually SEE the computer. Select the computer, right click it, and DELETE the culprit. Your Green Cubic Highlight is now EXACTLY the size of your SHIP. All you have to do now is move it back where it was in your game, make sure your avatar is on land or replace it on ship, and SAVE.

You can now launch your game again (not in the editor, but the real game) and NOW YOUR SHIP CAN STEER AGAIN OH YEAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

DUUUUDE that was annoying =)

• Thanks 1