Sign in to follow this  
andr0id88

Instantly killed TWICE!

I dont know if this is intended or not, but i came across a island in explorer mode that had a rock with some markings on it. Next to it was 2 skeletons, and when i got closer to investigate, BOOM dead. Silly me wanted to go back there and retrive my stuff so i made a new boat new armor and all that jazz and headed back there. Found the rock and kept my distance this time around, managed to get all my stuff, and stupid as i were i went for the rock again to check it out xD And ofc i got killed again... :P Anyone know what this rock is? What is killing me? There was no sound no nothing, just boom instantly dead.  All this work just to find some copper :\ Starting to get "alittle" frustrating to be honest, this is the 9th island i went to for copper and still nothing only instant killing rocks that make no sence :( 

Was it black with red markings on it? Looks like you found the deadly monolith! :P (it's one of the random encounters)

Hahaha yeah!! Thx for the reply!! That explains ALOT! ;) Think il just leave my stuff there then :P 

same here. found one of those too, but it didnt kill me instantly but had a hefty DoT when i got close.

I found a blue chair in the woods that would kill me as I sat on it. After a few tries trying to get my stuff back and accidentally sitting and dying, I ended up hacking the thing apart first.

We have been able to locate and fix the issue one might call "murderous chair" - later today or tomorrow your game will get patched with a hotfix. Thanks for your feedback!

just a tip, I was able to destroy the rune stone, but the kill area remains.  As in an invisible area that will kill you even tho the stone is gone.