Sign in to follow this  
Onedown

I'd like to hear other's single player experiences.

5 hours ago, Ane said:

Man, the weird things that happen in this game... :D If you have the time to reproduce it, that'd be awesome! Thanks a lot.

Please take a look at ApexReaper’s latest video on YouTube... it’s now happening to him, and all caught on camera :)

He built a boat near a rock ledge. Bit by bit the boat moved towards the ledge. It ended up touching the ledge, and then stuck on top of it. His anchor was down the whole time (and he didn’t even have sails/engines at the time).

Edited by TheSparkPlug
  • Upvote 1

I hated looking at the video because it makes me want to play and I cant LOL but it does plainly show that his boat moved on it's own.   Are poltergeists a thing in Ylands?

54 minutes ago, TheSparkPlug said:

Please take a look at ApexReaper’s latest video on YouTube... it’s now happening to him, and all caught on camera

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onedown said:

I hated looking at the video because it makes me want to play and I cant LOL

I know you were concerned about the game throttling your machine, but it was (unofficially) confirmed that it was just that particular save game. Why not see how your PC  handles a new world?

I have a  small dinghy  near my dock  which i use for  emergency rescues  or  close to shore travels ...it  had a habit of  drifting  away ... so i built a bay  to contain it and placed  some  logs behind it to stop it   floating off. Every  Ylands  day it changes  position ..it moves around   sometimes its  beached ..other times  against the  barrier  or   rotated  90 degrees......  

Blame the  sharks:D

1 minute ago, TheSparkPlug said:

I know you were concerned about the game throttling your machine, but it was (unofficially) confirmed that it was just that particular save game. Why not see how your PC  handles a new world?

I've tried multiple new games with the same result each time.  I'm still not seeing any reports of successful completion of a game started after 0.7 and the hot fixes i.e. discovering all islands/underwater stuff, building ships and bases.  When I start seeing reports from players that can accomplish that and they announce a fix then i'll give it another go.  Sure i'd like to be able to play but i have tons of games that are less of a headache and that makes me not in a hurry about it.  I came close to what I considered a finished explore game the first time I played and that was right before 0.7. I had all of the  islands discovered I think I had 9 that time.   So at least for me something changed with 0.7 and the hotfixes. I don't understand the lack of posts confirming the game is fully playable.  Have you watched that guys entire season 2?  was he able to explore all of the islands?  Maybe it has to do with something silly like adding a ship from the editor i saved from a previous game?  Who knows,  that's why I wanted to discuss it.

Testers were able to reproduce it on @TheSparkPlug's save, so now it's in one of our programmer's hands. Can't really say when he'll be able to get his hands around it, so I'll let you know about the progress as I know more :)

14 hours ago, Onedown said:

I don't understand the lack of posts confirming the game is fully playable.

I think that's due to a few reasons:

1) The game isn't complete yet, so by what threshold do we consider "fully played?"  If it's travelling to all islands on a map, then I will confirm that the game is fully playable since 0.7.  If it's discovering all randomly generated scenarios, then I'm not sure how the player is supposed to know that they've discovered every ruin, every plane wreck, every sub, every cave, ever golem, NPC, etc.

2) Most players at this point may not be trying to discover everything immediately.  I've played this game for some time now, both SP and MP, and I still haven't crafted every single object available.  If I may plagiarize slightly: Ylands is a journey, not a destination.

3) Despite the problems we've all been reporting, for the most part, the game is playable.  Your case is unique - I've never had the kinds of problems you're reporting.  Not to say it's not a problem, it's just not a problem I've encountered.  I hope the BI team is able to provide you with some guidance and resolution, but unless the rest of us are able to reproduce the same issues, I'm not sure what kind of validation we can provide you. 

40 minutes ago, Baz Foobar said:

If it's travelling to all islands on a map, then I will confirm that the game is fully playable since 0.7.

This is all I'm really looking for as to fully playable.  If you can discover all the islands then you can presumably do everything there is to do in the game.  I'm glad to see it's not borked for everyone.

2 hours ago, Onedown said:

This is all I'm really looking for as to fully playable.  If you can discover all the islands then you can presumably do everything there is to do in the game.  I'm glad to see it's not borked for everyone.

Yes, to that end I can confidently confirm that the game is playable as far as discovering all of the islands without running into the problems that you've encountered.  I have fully explored two world maps since 0.7 dropped, both with 12 islands each.  My machine has 16GB of memory, running Windows 10.  No constant disk thrashing or anything of the sort.  Yes, I've encountered stuttering and lag on MP maps, but nothing that I can directly correlate to local issues.

On 16/03/2018 at 11:02 AM, Ane said:

Testers were able to reproduce it on @TheSparkPlug's save, so now it's in one of our programmer's hands. Can't really say when he'll be able to get his hands around it, so I'll let you know about the progress as I know more :)

Something that I noticed (when watching ApexReapear’s latest vid) that we have in common is that both if us seem to have free-placed the helm.

Unfortunately I won’t get a chance to play or test this for a few days but could that be the culprit?  I will remove the helm and place one normally as soon as I am back in the game, and see if that stops it happening. I will ask him to try that too.