bojo2736

Just Remove The Option.

Question

We know there is an exploit for bed mats and ladders. I would suggest they are removed from the game until the exploit is fixed.

You can lay down by pressing F5, make that useable for sleep.

Ladders are unneccessary in my experience, except for ships. Just make them part if the hull and not a separate piece.

Or fix the damn exploits already. And I thought free camera was fixed with 0.8. Why is it back?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 replies to this bug / suggestion

What is the problem with the free camera?

• Like 1

Ane  i suspect its  used by  griefers to look into locked buildings  to  locate items of  interest  they  can use  as an exploit.  I had a griefer  appear  on  such an exploitable   item that was located in the middle of a room ... a long way from the walls . I could hear him outside trying to lure me out  childish taunts that didn't  work ... he obviously  could look through the walls to see if was there and where i was located...    then he appeared   almost behind me ... and killed me.o.O

Between you, me,  and the lamp post outside ..its not a needed option...only those  looking for places in a build they  can use an exploit on  use it. 90%  don't  know it  exists.

• Upvote 1

I would only disagree with making ladders part of the ship hull.  Once I have my propeller pack, I normally remove them for aesthetic reasons and to combat griefing.  Can't do that if they're part of it.

Anything that would be a barrier to the player, such as a wall or a door, should also be a barrier to any item interaction, including placing, picking up, sitting on, lying on, attacking, etc.

• Upvote 2

Hmmh, bed mats ------------- the room, ladders simply use teleport mechanisms which can be exploited quite easily, free camera is used to fly like a ghost and can go through anything, problem solved if free camera can't go through anything just like when on character. Hmmh, they're evolve pretty fast.. -_-

*When I said "hmmh" my head spinning.. xD

Edited by V-Alfred
Put sensors

Until they fix these   exploits, it might  be a quick temp fix to remove the items  etc from the  game. Reinstate them when the  fix is  ready  tested and  deployed. The  quicker its done  the grumpier the  griefers will be.:D

Its  very  disconcerting to  be in a  closed in room and  some griefer  suddenly  appears on the sleeping pad   you just got up from ..and he  then  attacks and  kills you.o.O

There are other  exploits  known as well, and  we advise  Ane / BI as soon as we discover them ----- for the good of the game. Unlike others   who  keep  quiet and use them.!

At the moment,  no door is  safe and  can be  bypassed. And it is suspected that when you are killed, the griefer can access your  keyring... and  duplicate your keys.   Don't  believe me? look at Bojo's post about finding all her buildings doors  opened and unlocked, and  i have others pm  me  saying they have found their  buildings  with the doors etc  wide open even though they are careful to ensure they were always locked.

There is a  saying   " softlee  softlee,  catchee monkey .... and i suspect that  Ane/BI  are working in the background to one day have a cage  full of them....  which can be  dragged out of Ylands  and dumped at sea  somewhere:D ..with  real sharks!

If you start to remove everyday objects just because griefers use them then, sooner or later, you'll have nothing left in the game!

Should we remove letters because they were used to graffiti your base? What about rifles because he used one to kill you? Maybe even stone blocks because he used them to produce offensive imagery.

I dont mean to sound harsh, it's just that if you start taking something as basic as a sleeping mat out of the game, that means the griefers have won!

Any sandbox game which has public servers suffers the same fate. I would hate to be griefed... the way I guarantee that doesn't happen is to never play on public servers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion what has to be done is to fix the bugs and not removing things from the game. I don't want to make beds constantly.
And as long as the Ylands team works, there will always be grifers. They are humans who play so there will always be.

Before there was the protective barrier I played on a server and my solution was to make a house underground, I was never robbed or killed by anyone there.

Another thing we can do while playing on a public server is to quickly leave the initial island to avoid conflicts. Staying on the initial island is not a valid solution for me. Remember that all players have the same tools and rules are the same for everyone.

@WijkagentAdrie teached me that when I started to play Ylands in 0.4

Edited by BigBoss87
  • Downvote 1

I agree not to remove stuff, but if it's hard to fix, I guess it's alright to remove(or "disable" for better word) it "Temporarily" especially the sleeping pad. Since the exploit is already common thing in MP public server, locked doors also become the most useless thing.

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, V-Alfred said:

I agree not to remove stuff, but if it's hard to fix, I guess it's alright to remove(or "disable" for better word) it "Temporarily" especially the sleeping pad. Since the exploit is already common thing in MP public server, locked doors also become the most useless thing.

You're quite right, actually. Sleeping Pad in multiplayer is useless but only on public servers.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I also thing having the f5 for sleep helps noobs.  But only if they knew about it I suppose

• Downvote 1

The suggestion was to temporarily  disable/remove them  until the  exploits are fixed -  a  quick temporary   fix . And to reinstate them when they are tested and working  properly.

The suggestion was for only the items that  have  exploits associated with them . There was no mention of  signs  guns etc. 

:) .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, BigBoss87 said:

You're quite right, actually. Sleeping Pad in multiplayer is useless but only on public servers.

Don't get me wrong, sleeping pad is very useful at early stage like to regen HP and bypass darkness of the night anywhere. xD but that creative "Furyou" who likes getting in someone's privacy exploit that thing, which make other system seems useless. Oh well, exploit will always come to unfinished games, just be patient and maybe thinking how to prevent that exploit so it won't happen to you.. 

• Like 1

Well, the problem is... I have tried various ways and if you have a door, it is vulnerable. You could build a solid structure and just open an entrance but that is impractical and if they are attacking, not feasible. 

• Downvote 1

They are aware of the exploits... and   it takes more than waving a magic  pencil in the air to fix them. We  need to  be patient, and the suggestion  was just  for a temporary  quick fix in the meantime  .. ..but as soon as they make something  foolproof, along comes a better fool :D

• Downvote 1

I had an idea for a simple fix for the sleeping pad, which I think should work... and maybe even improve normal gameplay:

After a person wakes/stands up again, just put them right back where they were when they clicked on the sleeping pad/bed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TheSparkPlug said:

I had an idea for a simple fix for the sleeping pad, which I think should work... and maybe even improve normal gameplay:

After a person wakes/stands up again, just put them right back where they were when they clicked on the sleeping pad/bed.

It sounds simple, but if the code is not set up to persist those coordinates, even if the player logs out and back in, it could get a little complicated to deploy.  I'm sure they'll find an answer.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Like 1

I find that a cancer community. poor developer, let them time to implement the game . otherwise they will never be able to optimize

13 hours ago, Indomitus said:

It sounds simple, but if the code is not set up to persist those coordinates, even if the player logs out and back in, it could get a little complicated to deploy.  I'm sure they'll find an answer.

yep, you're right. Lets see what they got in upcoming updates. ;)

"Beware another wild fire starter is coming, better not to respond their behavior" xD

The term "simple" was referring to the implementation, not the coding.

It's simplicity comes from the minimal effect it would have on everyday gameplay whilst still thwarting it's use by griefers.