Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Dislike PVP?

Let's have an open interesting discussion, do you like or dislike PVP? 

a) Remove it alltogether

b) Keep it for those who want it

c) Make servers no-pvp by default 

Btw, if you are looking for a great no-pvp server, @bojo2736 runs P1 PVE, just search P1. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Definitely B for me. I think it's a bit problematic with the current (lack of) administration features, but as soon as that's properly implemented there will be very little issues with PVP. Examples of this can be seen in other games such as minecraft, where without plugins it's chaos and your spawn ends up completely destroyed, but with a few plugins everything is safe. Without PVP people will find other ways of griefing anyways.

For now it's best to just play with your friends/people you know and can trust at a reasonable level. I think it definitely has it's place in the game, say if factions/groups come into play. Imagine some ship wars, that would be awesome, including boarding during the fight. How much PVP is allowed should be a server setting, based on regions, groups/clans, or just on/off altogether.

Adrie

I would go with B or C.  Many of us on the forum prefer PvE, no question, but I can see a play value in being able to set up a battle arena with leaderboard logic, or a server where pirate ship battles are encouraged (once the ships are fixed).  I can also see a value in being able to disallow Protective Barriers on certain kinds of PvP servers.  You wouldn't want somebody setting one up in the middle of a PvP arena, for example.

I'd probably lean toward C, since so many just want the relaxed survival mode, and cooperative play.  There's a place for PvP, though, on dedicated servers.

I think PVP definitely has it's place in a game like this. In fact, it could be a fun challenge.  My vision of that is: getting together with friends, lets say in two teams of four.  With some prep time allowed, let's say two in game days, for the teams to get prepped.  Then the game begins and hunting down and killing your enemies would be the next stage.  Or it could be a free for all, every player for themselves.  If I kill you, you are now on my team.  In both cases, the winner would be the team with the most players.

But what happens out in the wild, is you have some people who are playing PVP and the others are not.  Often, you have players, heavily armed and ready, taking out newbs in the dark who are unarmed and still in their underwear.  That's not PVP. That's cowardice, bullying and bad sportsmanship.  That is what I am against.

I would like to see on all servers, public and private, clear labeling.  PVE or PVP.  The devs have made great progress in allowing the game to be set PVE at the start.  This protects players from physical attack.  But not the other forms of griefing.    

There need to be a few clearly labeled PVE official servers.  

B. We've had simular ideas of having battles. It's annoying when you don't want them and only want to build or explore. Some maybe having some servers that are pvp and others that are only pve.

That way everyone can choose which server/game type they would like.

horses for  courses ...       have  both ,  plainly   marked and with the rules stated and agreed to as part of the log in procedure.

I am not a pvp person,  prefer the creative/explore games ,  but there are some  who  just  want to run around  shooting people etc...  well   that's  for them, let them have it,  but in a place  where they  encounter similar "minded" people and  do not  infringe on the  rights of others.

We see  people arrive on our  pve friendly  game and you immediately  know they are trouble .. they  do not try to craft or  build ..usually   tame a horse and   then goof  around, and when they find  no ones paying them attention,. and there's  nothing to destroy  or  kill ,, they  then  go offline, often  in a place where they cause disruption or such   and we never  see them move again.  These people  are the  wannabe  pvp players ... they would not survive   for  five minutes on a  real pvp server, so they look for a soft  target.

So we need  novice  pvp ... regular pvp  and then pve/creative .

Having  just  one  type    really  would not  work   ... give each their own "arena" and all will be happy  .....

we hope:D

Edited by kimbuck