YadNiMonde

RESOLVED [YLD-11800] Crazy fps drop (makes no sense)

Question

Hello Ylanders and Bohemians,

It s me again, and this time i am very far from happy at all, i have this humongous beast pc with i7 4gigs and a gtx 1080 nvidia, i can play ANY other game (such as assassin s creed origins) in full ULTRA ULTRA with absolutely NO LAG.

But when it comes to Ylands, on official server EU4, on starting island, i see my FPS dropping to ONE FRAME PER SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS REALLY SERIOUS ?

I damn do WANT to play this game, but it s like it s optimised with finger toes, i am very sorry, i swear i am a patient guy, normally, but here, you guys have invented the MOST FRUSTRATING GAME EVER, i wonder what kind of black magic you used to make me angry like that!

I really had very high hopes for .10, but between the TOO FAR AWAY bug and now the DRAMATIC fps drop, i wonder if you guys are really there or gone to holidays thinking you had done a miracle, i can tell you, come back quick and fix this bug machine, it s a nightmare.

Sorry for the strong language but desperate times need desperate words to express the deep disappointment i am in right now.

Take care all, and please kick the shit out of this game so we can at last have the fun we want to have, cause right now, it s damn TOO FAR AWAY

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

LOL, chill out man. xD

Yeah I was there too, pick him up at starting island, and feel the massive FPS drop. My FPS keeps dropping like there is no tomorrow, if FPS counter can reach negative value, it might goes deep to there.. I think something is going on there, because on other island (same server), everything is working normal. I guess over populated new comer who build on that island or, someone messing around with massive blueprint or something.

Edited by V-Alfred
In to On, usual words problem :)
  • Upvote 1

We've restarted the EU4 server, can you tell any difference?

@Ane Sorry for late reply, I just did play Ylands and go back to starting island, and exploring a bit there then suddenly my FPS keeps going down to literally 1 FPS. I usually got like 25-40 FPS in normal condition, my machine is 5-6 years old and considered as potato to current newest technology but it support directX 11 and it shouldn't constantly goes to 1 FPS.. ¬¬ And remember that I'm not the only one that experienced it, @YadNiMonde has i7 4GHz and nvidia gtx 1080, he got the same problem.

Ok back to what I experienced when exploring starting island in EU4. After a minute flying around above starting island, my FPS is already on 5 FPS, I keep pushing forward and looking around to see what actually happened (from player perspective). A minute later my FPS already reach 1 FPS and as you might guess it feels like power point (you know that sliding office software :)). Well I didn't stop just there, I keep flying around for little bit longer, and along the coast I noticed something weird. There is nothing there along the coast.. literally nothing, no grass, no tree, no bushes, not even a single seashell. It looks like its been wiped by strongest typhoon human ever seen.. :D Whats left is only on the center of the starting island. Take a look on some pictures I gathered in 1 FPS(ingame FPS counter said 2, but Steam counter said 1 ¬¬):

GQLn91IJZ00cSACkY-HnHcnlaMYSSGMUE2IgzRw8

mnYA6gCXI9OkCLFjMY_g289y7E_2FmxiqtxF7gn9

2pCJDdxhKH6ubYu07TVCCsXMyw6jr-2zFuB_1EJO

And then I found something even more strange thing that happened..

JjNyQpX5TzrAQNSYHQPkFhOVebWLbhWMLaBDUsEp
"Hmmh, what are you? Are you ok there bud? Looks like you're missing something.. xD"

After I think thats enough, I tried to fly back to my ship at the middle of sea (I did intentionally park my ship there). Strange enough, I though I'm far from starting island already, but my FPS keeps locking on 1 FPS.. I guess, I need to relogin or restart my game after this. Take a look picture bellow, thats where I'm, my camera is facing to where the starting island located.

Lt2n55rB9jAuFqBsLsvCuHnYYUx-Y7Tn5q_vn9UE

And here my log files:
output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

I wish I can give you more information, but that's all I have from player perspective. How about ask one of your tester to take a look there? I guess nothing wrong to do 5 minutes visit.. ^_^

P.S: Please let me know, if you can't see the pictures or something. Thanks

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I guess the testers could take a look :) And yes I can see the pictures!

• Like 2