Sign in to follow this  
Knobaroo

Greetings Ylanders

Hey all. Absolutely loving the sandbox.

I cant seem to go into first person for building anymore. Is there a new command?

Boats. Large ships are sooo slow. I read that 5 large masts and one small will max out my speed. 560 total with 550 as max speed. Seems a bit excessive. I have never had a starting land with that much cotton ever.

Cotton for all my starts is the rarest material avail. I am forced to hop islands with a boat so slow it completely ruins my fun.

Last night I sailed around at a snail's pace for hours and never found another land. (Perhaps we could get some sea birds in the sky to lead us to a close land?) I was so frustrated I started a new game.

I love what you devs are building here. I have seen so much improvement and can not wait to see where you take it from here.

Thanks for all your great work.

Have a happy Holliday.

There are already birds that lead you to new ylands.

When you pick cotton/flax you can break it into seeds and replant to triple the number. Keep doing this until you have more than you need :)

Hey mate, welcome to Ylands. First person has been readded by typing /fpscam enable and /fpscam disable for first person view.
When ever I play on Stouts server or anywhere else.. the first thing I do after getting the basics set up is go looking for a desert to collect sisal.... as this will make your cloth/sail production much easier. Break the sisal down to get seeds, and you'll be able to collect it twice a day.
Use the compass on your boat/ship to locate land... the darker arrow is you and the lighter ones and other Ylands.

Happy playing

Sisel Agave.  When I am playing explore I usually gather clay, iron, then  build a raft and get to arid as soon as I can.  Protip on Sisel: when you plant it, make sure you let it mature to three leaves before you harvest.  If you harvest at two, you won't get regrowth.   If you wait til three leaves, it will be harvestable daily.  You will end up with more cloth than you know what to do with. 

Welcome to the forums.  And feel free to join the P1 servers.  I make sure there is a little sisel on spawn in all of our maps. (I also plant a few arctic willow, because it makes poltice for healing and doesn't need to be replanted.)

I would like to thank you all for tips.

Funny how curing my ignorance fixes my frustration.

Again my thanks :)

• Haha 2