Sign in to follow this  
Houp

Which events do you miss in Event listener GL

Hi,

in the future we would like to extend Event listener to be able to:

1. listen to more type of events
  2. to have available additional arguments in VS from the event (eg. 'On damage' to have 'Damage amount')

Any ideas from you on this topic? What do you miss the most?

We need an event to check for players holding an item and if they use the item. If possible keep track of where that item goes if it is thrown /shot

custom events using an IF statement would be cool but I dunno how this would fair with optimization

And yes more arguments please? I want alll that data ?

An event to listen for two entities colliding, prefrably powerfu lenoygh able to check for a type of entity colliding with and entity 

1 hour ago, Oliver Hope_P1 said:

An event to listen for two entities colliding, prefrably powerfu lenoygh able to check for a type of entity colliding with and entity 

I strongly agree with this one.  Basic collision detection would be helpful with things like moving platforms or custom traps.

I agree that "colliding" one would be really powerful but it is not planned. It would have great negative impact on a game performance

Even if it is restricted to specific entity/labeled entity/player?  That is a little disappointing.

Maybe we can look at it from other point of view. What would you like to create with this feature?

On 12/14/2018 at 5:48 PM, Houp said:

Maybe we can look at it from other point of view. What would you like to create with this feature?

personally id like to be able to detect players colliding with other players and custom projectiles colliding with things

8 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I would like to see "on jump" and "on fire weapon". 

If possible it would be awesome to have 'projectile' as a argument

On 12/14/2018 at 10:48 AM, Houp said:

My first use of it would likely be moving platforms that the player can ride past obstacles, and probably hazards that move (rotate, slide) and cause damage on impact.

I think, though, in a bigger sense this would just be a valuable tool to have for creators, even if it's in a limited form.  I imagine building one thing, @Oliver Hope_P1 imagines something else, and other creators will imagine even more things we probably wouldn't think of.  (I tend to keep that bigger picture in mind when requesting features.  It's not just about what I would do with it.)

I know that everyone would have different requirements  on this feature. You write that limited option would be better than have nothing. I just wanted to know what "limited" option would be helpful.

You will be able (probably in 0.12) to move trigger zones which are constraint to players. It may be helpful in some scenarios.

2 hours ago, Houp said:

I know that everyone would have different requirements  on this feature. You write that limited option would be better than have nothing. I just wanted to know what "limited" option would be helpful.

You will be able (probably in 0.12) to move trigger zones which are constraint to players. It may be helpful in some scenarios.

That is gonna be awesome @Houp! Thank you! 

More ideas: 

On enter car

On get in car driver seat

On enter ship 

On control helm

On control rudder (smaller boats) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

That is gonna be awesome @Houp! Thank you! 

More ideas: 

On enter car

On get in car driver seat

On enter ship 

On control helm

On control rudder (smaller boats) 

These could all be done with a on control and then we can check the entity :P that would be nice

What do you mean by "enter car'?

On get in car driver seat / On control helm / On control rudder  is already in game as On control vehicle

I would like to add

On weapon fire (include set/get aim)

On jump (or on land)

On drink potion

On attack (melee and etc)

On enter water/swim

On control of ship wheel

On player laydown/sleep/sit