RedEagle_P1.

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-16665] Steam Cloud Save Deletes Progress

Question

If you are over your steam cloud amount and you bring in a map while the game is running then edit it and save it will not register the changes but it shows as if it saves.  https://gfycat.com/SharpHalfHellbender (tree is still there) 

I have lost my progress more than 50 times so far over the 2 years. It might be how many saves I have. Idk. Either should be fixed. 

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

Correction -- this happens at random even when you change the name using SaveAs.

To test this I suggest making 100 big comps and 100 big map saves (over 10 MB) to see if it has to do with size. 

This is why I have Steam sync off. It alwaus causes more headache than it solved.

41 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

This is why I have Steam sync off. It alwaus causes more headache than it solved.

Problem is the new export system wont run without it. 

That really bites. I turn off the Steam sync because it never lets me have the files I want, it insists on giving me the files it thinks I need. 

But it's not like we can export these games to the DS and actually use them. Still waiting for that fantastic multiplayer experience. Working server files seems like job one. Yet here we are, more than a month out with no answers.

When using steam cloud and exceeding the max for game size, game-saves delete themselves. All progress says it saves but does not save. 

So the team is aware of the issue and is working on repairing it. I'll try and find out its progress and I'll keep you posted.

Hey guys, as a mitigation, we've increased the cloud size from 1.9 GB to 10 GB. That should help before we solve the issue in a more proper way. Thanks for your patience! This change should apply automatically, without the need to push out a new version of the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Berzeger said:

Hey guys, as a mitigation, we've increased the cloud size from 1.9 GB to 10 GB. That should help before we solve the issue in a more proper way. Thanks for your patience! This change should apply automatically, without the need to push out a new version of the game.

Thanks!