Adam Snellgrove

Interview Ynterview #2 - Eris

Every week we'll bring you an Ynterview with a member of our Ylands team. In this week's Ynterview we have approached our saviour QA Lead Eva 'Eris' Rýznarová.

Eris Business Card.png

First off, what do you do here at the Ylands team and what’d you do before you joined?

I tell people that the work they have done sucks. For money. And I encourage other people to do the same. This is my first fulltime job.

How long have you worked on Ylands? What was the 1st thing you worked on when you joined?

I officially joined the Ylands team on January 2016 and since that’s like one eternity ago, I have no memory of that time.

What do you find most exciting on Ylands in general?

There is always something broken to fix ?

And what is for you the most exciting feature coming in the new 0.14 update?

That would be the minigames.  They are incredibly fun! 

What are you working on right now?

Dude, it’s getting close to the release of a new update! I am working on EVERYTHING ? 

What do you do in your free time?

I like sleeping a lot, but when I am not doing that I am trying to learn things.  Lately, I have been progressing with Norwegian on Duolingo, learning to model with Blender and when I am not doing that I tend to stand from both sides of a camera. Oh and games of course

If you’d have to eat just one food till the end of your life and it had to be CZECH, which one would it be (and why)? 

I would probably starve to death because traditional Czech foods consist mostly of things, I don't eat.

Well, there you have it. And if you missed our 'bonus question', visit our Facebook or Instagram ?

• Like 1

I wonder if I can send my test games to Eva for her to tell me which parts suck ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

I wonder if I can send my test games to Eva for her to tell me which parts suck ??

If you are willing to pay... ;D

6 hours ago, Eris said:

If you are willing to pay... ;D

do you except homemade humus advice for payment??

• Like 1

ooh that hair, I love it.

Vegan? In ylands you won't live to long eating shrooms and berries :D?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

do you except homemade humus advice for payment??

I am capable of doing my own hummus, so I don't think I need it. But would gladly accept payment IN HUMMUS! :D

18 hours ago, jchob said:

ooh that hair, I love it.

Vegan? In ylands you won't live to long eating shrooms and berries :D?

Thanks! :)

Well, you have to be smart about your berries!
You must resist the urge to fill your belly with those yummy berries straight away! First you need to sacrifice some berries to make seeds, then plant new berry bushes. Repeat that few times and you get fields of food that regrows on its own forever!
That's something your meat simply cannot do :D 

2 hours ago, Eris said:

Thanks! :)

Well, you have to be smart about your berries!
You must resist the urge to fill your belly with those yummy berries straight away! First you need to sacrifice some berries to make seeds, then plant new berry bushes. Repeat that few times and you get fields of food that regrows on its own forever!
That's something your meat simply cannot do :D 

Uh oh.. You made a real life point there ??

Anyway, I can just grab a fishing rod. It's easier than get berries seeds and replant them (ylands talking)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jchob said:

Anyway, I can just grab a fishing rod. It's easier than get berries seeds and replant them (ylands talking)

But berries don't suddenly glitch out of existence, right out of your chest or inventory.  Fish do (for now).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eris said:

I am capable of doing my own hummus, so I don't think I need it. But would gladly accept payment IN HUMMUS! :D

ahhh should have known, dont think my hummus would be very nice shipped all the way from South Africa?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Indomitus said:

But berries don't suddenly glitch out of existence, right out of your chest or inventory.  Fish do (for now).

Oof, I've never had any issues with fishing and fishes in my inventory. I always keep some with me, place some on chests and some always at the stove.

17 hours ago, jchob said:

Pfff, you hit Break few times and then mindlessly keep pressing LMB and W. It indeed requires a bit of a virtual workout, but the planting of seeds never fails, which is something you cannot say about fishing :'D 
But fishing is doubtlessly is more romantic, I give you that! :) 

14 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

ahhh should have known, dont think my hummus would be very nice shipped all the way from South Africa?

But it might evolve into a conscious being on the way, and that would be pretty cool! It could help me with all the issues ?

4 hours ago, Eris said:

But it might evolve into a conscious being on the way, and that would be pretty cool! It could help me with all the issues ?

??? This is too funny XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1