Adam Snellgrove

RESOLVED [YLD-18598] Loading trouble

Question

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

I did a complete  computer maint.  run... cleaned out cookies,  disk check    ran crap  cleaner, malwarebytes  bitdefender optimizer etc ... then tried again  to  get into P! NA1  - same issue.   Then tried to log into the P! EU server....   no problems!

So its  not my  computer/ system / internet..

4 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

I did a complete  computer maint.  run... cleaned out cookies,  disk check    ran crap  cleaner, malwarebytes  bitdefender optimizer etc ... then tried again  to  get into P! NA1  - same issue.   Then tried to log into the P! EU server....   no problems!

So its  not my  computer/ system / internet..

Good to know, I'll update the issue on our end and specify, that it is a problem primarily of the NA1 server.

BBcakes / bojo managed to get the game map into editor  and remove  my ship  and some items from  my inventory    and   tried a fix ..i got in  so its  sometime to do with  either  clothing or  the ship???   anyway  i got in to NA1   but respawned  with  nothing   but a new PB  ..  no keys  etc so  my base would not recognize me

So the  game is offline  now  while they  work out what to do next.

:(

Wouldn't it  rot your  socks!

The   game was taken to editor ,  my ship removed  and also  a lot of the unnecessary items in inventory and an attempt to restart was made

I got in... but   was respawned  back at spawn with  nothing...   just the broken Pb  etc.

The map was edited again to remove  my old  Pb  and keys  so i could  restart and rebuild.

Again i got  back  ..yay !  light at the end of the tunnel..or an approaching locomotive?   probably  the latter

I manage to re activate a  new Pb ./..and  start re crafting  tools etc    hopefully to get cloth  for clothing   and such

Gamplay was intermittent again... stop start ..and others noticed it.

Was crafting a weaving loom and the  game went haywire...   crafting  menu and  inventory  ..blank

Then  game  froze ....  

no warning    no logout  ...just  dumped out  back to windows  screen with steam 

two attempts  at getting back in ... back to the original  issue ...get as far as  building  oceans....   wheel of   misfortune  staggers   ... sound drops  out  and  after 4 minutes  ..time out

well what can i say?  the  server admin has had   enough and  threatens to  wipe the game from the servers... and i don't  blame her. Shes put a lot in and  tried  her hardest ...  but  its useless   when the  wheels  keep  falling off.

this  game is  currently  NOT in a marketable  position, and i  frankly  couldn't  recommend it   in its current state

The only  reason  why i am sticking  with it  was because i bought it...and had  hope.

hope is fading ..i might have to  write it off as a financial loss..

Logs  attached for  what they are worth

Am i angry?

Nope ..furious...and frustrated,  especially  when i see friends who used to enjoy the game  leaving and  not   coming back ..and those  who do for a  second look ..   leave again and  never come back

Meanwhile i  am going to do something interesting  ...like  staring  at a seismograph site  and   being  entertained  by the  wiggles ...      its  not as  frustrating as  i feel now  with Ylands.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

@Adam Snellgrove I will send my game files.

I uploaded this map on 9/2/19.  Not two full days later and it is beyond playing.   

It is a standard explore with a few minor logics built in.  My admin team carries cubes and a few extra barriers.  This has never been a problem in either standard explore or editor explore until, I'm not sure when.  Maybe before 0.13?  I can't be sure.  I think the maps I made just after 0.13 did work for a few weeks.

This map has deleted my character, and @kimbuck. Causing us to lose access to our already deployed barrier.  So I had to go in and pull kim's barrier so she could replace it.  It deletes every avatar with a cube when I load it back in after doing some maintenance work in the editor.

The thing is, I don't know if this is a bug you can fix?  Or is it as planned but not communicated, which is BI standard procedure.

If I can't get in to be able to fix things, multiplayer is pretty much dead in the long run.  Unless the devs build some admin tools in game. 

We need to be able to get rid of abandoned bodies. 

We need to have resources  respawn in some way.   

We need to be able to repair terrain and water.

Sleeping must be fixed. 

Admin needs to be able to over ride barrier restrictions for abandoned bases or griefing tactics.

These are must haves.  Not nice if the devs get around to it.  

Edited by bojo2736

Btw Adam, we complain a lot now as we now believe we will be heard. Take it the right way, the community can finally vent after years because we have a leader who is fixing these issues. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1

Sure stuff and I welcome it ? Helps me and helps us to fix the things necessary to fix and get this magnificent game ready for the final release ? We are in this together after all, not against each other ?

5 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Could you please try again tomorrow (06.09), if you still have these issues, and if so, I'll try and fast track a hotfix on this.

What is it that you want us to try again?

got 0.14    update   o.14 arrived   yay! and   manage to log into the old  game. Unfortunately  as i was locked out and   pb  inactive,  griefer / thieves  plundered my base ...    thats why we need in-game   admin controls.

Will report back  when new map/game  is   activated.

so far ....so  good ?

?

• Thanks 1

I have been having the same issue for several weeks now. Started when no one could enter the game (unspecified connection error) at all. I then took the server offline and then deleted the game (saving a local copy), then added the game back to the server and turned the server on. Once that was done anyone could log into the server fine, for a while. I'd come back the next day and have to redo the whole thing over again. Last night after the update it looked like the issue had been fixed but now it's happening again. This is very frustrating as I rented a server to test it out and it seems like it's almost a waste of money when people can only get online and use it for the few hours I'm on it at night. I've checked my computer and connection and uninstalled and reinstalled ylands twice and I'm still having this issue. Any news or ideas on this?