ike_d

Export to local missing in 0.14

I was hoping to start a new map on a server, but "export to local" is missing from the editor menu. There are only three options now, export for workshop, optimize, and show workshop files. The current map on the server was created in April and works fine in 0.14. Is there a new way of exporting a map? Or maybe I'm just overlooking something simple. 

Thank you! 

I decided to try making a new map in the editor explore island.  Maybe things have been fixed.  Trying to be optimistic.

So I spent a few hours over the last two days making a new map for the P1 NA server.  I wanted to get opinions on what i had built so I was going to throw up a quick self hosted game.  Nope.

There is no option for Export to Local like there used to be.  You can ONLY upload it to the workshop.  Ok, I'm not happy about publicly sharing my game files to an active game, but it's my only option.

There is no way that I can find to get this file into the P1 Nitrado server.  There is no way to self host.  It only lives out there somewhere in BI land.   

Is this an oversight?  Am I missing a step?  Are you forcing private servers out of operation?  This is a death knell for P1 privately hosting as far as I can see. 

I need some answers and or help from BI.  @RedEagle_P1. @Adam Snellgrove @Aleš Ulm

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

P1 0.14 NA 090619.zip

P1 0.14 NA 090619b.zip

Edited by bojo2736

At this point, I'm not sure I can continue to use the BI server that I paid real money for. 

And I can't get back to the game I made.  Seems it's been terminated by host.  I thought I was the host but apparently not.  I have roughly 12 hours invested in this map.  All of it wasted.  As far as I can tell there is no way to successfully host this game in a sustainable way anywhere.   

This game just gets better and better.  That is sarcasm btw.

It is still possible to export to local, but via console. We'll issue instruction how to do this on the wiki tomorrow or day after. I'll link it here when it's ready.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, ike_d said:

I was hoping to start a new map on a server, but "export to local" is missing from the editor menu. There are only three options now, export for workshop, optimize, and show workshop files. The current map on the server was created in April and works fine in 0.14. Is there a new way of exporting a map? Or maybe I'm just overlooking something simple. 

Thank you! 

I read somewhere you can type in chat window /exportgame

Haven't tried it yet, tho.