Jump to content
Adam Snellgrove

Contest Mobile Game Creation Drive

Recommended Posts

Hey there Ylanders!

We have some exciting news today. So exciting in fact, that I couldn’t wait for the next Dev Diary to tell you 😁

So, we are in the process of making the mobile version (iOS only for now) of Ylands available to you through a closed beta via Testflight and with that, we are also starting a sort of competition. We’d really like to populate Ylands with some fun mobile mini-games and games and to encourage this, we decided, that whoever makes a mobile game in universal mode (playable on mobile devices) will have a chance at winning some Coyns. In fact, we’ll be reviewing every mobile game that comes out between now and release and if we feel it’s playable, fun a cool, we’ll give the creator some Coyns for it 😊

Mobile Drive Picture 1.png

Now if you decide to make a protected (monetized or not) mobile game, you’ll be eligible to win a 3000 Coyns, while if you make an unprotected game (thus automatically not monetized), you’ll have a chance (to be honest a pretty big chance) at winning 10,000 Coyns! Unprotected games are more valuable for us, because for one they are not monetized and thus will give new mobile players a better first impression and secondly they don’t use up our servers, which could prove to be a problem in the first few weeks after release. And now here’s the kicker! There will be no limit to this! No 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, but anyone who makes a cool mobile game will get this prize AND YOU CAN GET IT MULTIPLE TIMES! So if you make 10 cool unprotected games for mobile, you’ll get a whopping 100,000 Coyns (and believe me, you’ll want to hoard those for the future 😉). Every time you make a cool new game and are finished with it, just DM me and we’ll test it out. If it is good and fun, we’ll send over your winnings and if we feel, like something could go better, we’ll send you our suggestions and help you out with making it the best game out there 😁

Mobile Drive Picture 2.png

To recap, hopefully, tomorrow we’ll have the mobile beta ready for you. Thus, you’ll be able to test out your games on mobile. Then for every cool game you make, you’ll get a reward in Coyns. And finally, when release comes, we’ll choose the best games to be featured and get played by all our new mobile players!

So happy building Ylanders!

P.S. To find out, how to make your scenario Universal, Protected or Unprotected, head here: https://ylands.com/community/topic/25764-scenario-compatibility-management/

 

  • Like 3
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

And yet my maps don't live a full week since 0.14.

We are working on that and should be fixed in a couple of weeks. We are working on long term solutions, that will serve us even after release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am guessing these need mobile controls? 
Making games is kinda hard, 2200 Coyns does not seem like much. A weeks work at least for $10? Also we have little way to use these Coyns. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.  I have a competitive game mode I've been working on, and specifically trying to scale for mobile.  I should have scripts working this week (assuming the attention span holds).  I might be dropping in on P1 for some help with testing and maybe play area design, since that's not really one of my strong points.

I kind of wish I could join in on the Beta for mobile, but you said it's just iOS at the beginning and I have only Android.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indomitus said:

Interesting.  I have a competitive game mode I've been working on, and specifically trying to scale for mobile.  I should have scripts working this week (assuming the attention span holds).  I might be dropping in on P1 for some help with testing and maybe play area design, since that's not really one of my strong points.

I kind of wish I could join in on the Beta for mobile, but you said it's just iOS at the beginning and I have only Android.

For sure man, happy to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I am guessing these need mobile controls? 
Making games is kinda hard, 2200 Coyns does not seem like much. A weeks work at least for $10? Also we have little way to use these Coyns. 

I think the point of coyns is to unlock other people's content and get skins and stuff.

RN there is limited skins but once release day comes I think cosmetics will go into full force

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Making games is kinda hard, 2200 Coyns does not seem like much. A weeks work at least for $10? Also we have little way to use these Coyns

Well the idea was, that Creators would like to make games for Mobile anyway and that we'll also put in a bit of extra encouragement to make making games a tad more interesting + the option of getting your hands on the mobile version of the game early + the chance to get featured as some of the best Mobile games upon release of the game and of the Mobile version to the public, but I am sorry if this doesn't motivate you 😞 It's an offer, that while you're making games, you can also get some extra Coyns out of it and our support in making them if you need it (though a bit limited, since we're also quite busy with polishing up the game for release and fixing her up for the grand opening 😊)

There will be a lot more ways of using Coyns in the future, so I do advise on hoarding them a bit 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Well the idea was, that Creators would like to make games for Mobile anyway and that we'll also put in a bit of extra encouragement to make making games a tad more interesting + the option of getting your hands on the mobile version of the game early + the chance to get featured as some of the best Mobile games upon release of the game and of the Mobile version to the public, but I am sorry if this doesn't motivate you 😞 It's an offer, that while you're making games, you can also get some extra Coyns out of it and our support in making them if you need it (though a bit limited, since we're also quite busy with polishing up the game for release and fixing her up for the grand opening 😊)

There will be a lot more ways of using Coyns in the future, so I do advise on hoarding them a bit 😉

The problem with Coyns right now is there's not that much you can do with them so I would put my emphasis and focus on the other things like where you're going to highlight the creations and so forth as most people don't do what they do for a reward but just want to be part of the vision. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

The problem with Coyns right now is there's not that much you can do with them so I would put my emphasis and focus on the other things like where you're going to highlight the creations and so forth as most people don't do what they do for a reward but just want to be part of the vision. 

Well as I mentioned before, that will also be the case, as the best ones will be featured prominently on the first page of Mobile Ylands and all maps made before release will be played extensively upon release, because thise will be the only ones there 😉

And as to the use of Coyns, there will be many more ways of using them after release and release isn't far away, so I'd start hoarding 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Well as I mentioned before, that will also be the case, as the best ones will be featured prominently on the first page of Mobile Ylands and all maps made before release will be played extensively upon release, because thise will be the only ones there 😉

And as to the use of Coyns, there will be many more ways of using them after release and release isn't far away, so I'd start hoarding 😁

Can we get a bump then in the Coyn numbers? Making a game is far harder than making a single asset. One game can have 30-40 assets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Can we get a bump then in the Coyn numbers? Making a game is far harder than making a single asset. One game can have 30-40 assets. 

Bumped up the winnings 😁 Hopefully, this will be more motivational now 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedEagle - P1Gaming.net said:

Does this contest have a time limit. Also do we have to produce like really high-quality games like the golf game or can we just produce little tiny assets.

The time limit is till the release of 1.0 so still quite some time left and even after that we can probably hand out a few more prizes for our loyal community 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×