RedEagle_P1.

A serious concern for future updates

Ylands 1.0 has totally broken all the games that P1 has made so far. I realize that's what Early Access is all about. Just to put things into perspective we have worked close to 5,000 hours to make those games are reality and our work looks like this: 

unknown.png

unknown.png

You can imagine how we feel. 

I'm asking you guys to seriously consider, from this point forward, updates designed not to break creators content. 

@Aleš Ulm

We are wishing you all the best with the release of the game and hope to support you.

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

I'm pretty sure they are not designed TO break games.

Adam warned that we are testing beta. He warned it wasn't ready and he warned to back up data.

This is beta. Not 1.0

I'm not sure you understand, these are fundamental changes to the game that broke our games such as changes to alpha values which are permanent and intentional. We would love to see an update script which would help bring things back as they were. 

53 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I'm not sure you understand, these are fundamental changes to the game that broke our games such as changes to alpha values which are permanent and intentional. We would love to see an update script which would help bring things back as they were. 

I mean it sucks but you were warned that this is early access and things can change.

Definitely, and that's why I'm actually not angry about this at all but rather I'm asking that once the game releases that serious consideration is taken into effect concerning game updates. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

As we have spoken on Discord, this happened to games, that were saved in Beta, but should be fine with games that were backed up and left in 0.14 version, because there the game will recognise the alpha and automatically lower it to previous levels (or at least close to). Also it shouldn't be difficult to change the alpha en-masse by selecting the objects in question with the control-click and tinkering with the alpha.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, Adam Snellgrove said:

As we have spoken on Discord, this happened to games, that were saved in Beta, but should be fine with games that were backed up and left in 0.14 version, because there the game will recognise the alpha and automatically lower it to previous levels (or at least close to). Also it shouldn't be difficult to change the alpha en-masse by selecting the objects in question with the control-click and tinkering with the alpha.

Seems this has not helped. The image I showed is of the "fixed" version it seems. Moreover, redoing the alpha of all the objects is very tough since there are so so many. 

2 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Seems this has not helped. The image I showed is of the "fixed" version it seems. Moreover, redoing the alpha of all the objects is very tough since there are so so many. 

And can't you select a bunch of them by grouping them by type? If you want, you can send us the save and one of our team can have a look at it, but might be the case of unfortunately having to recalibrate each alpha separately. It was unfortunately a necessary change but now we're done with alphas and it should be all good now for a long time.

37 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

And can't you select a bunch of them by grouping them by type? If you want, you can send us the save and one of our team can have a look at it, but might be the case of unfortunately having to recalibrate each alpha separately. It was unfortunately a necessary change but now we're done with alphas and it should be all good now for a long time.

Since everything is in groups, we can't get at the individual blocks without breaking all the groups. Moreover, the types of blocks we use are vastly different.