Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #120 - Roadmap 2020

Hey there Ylanders!

We hope you are all faring well and that you are keeping safe. The Ylands team, although we’re mostly confined to our homes, hasn’t stopped working on the game and we are excited to announce some great features we’re preparing and to unveil our 2020 Roadmap. We will be adding to the Roadmap further down the line, but even now there is a lot to look forward to. We have update 1.2 and 1.3 ahead of us with some great additions to Exploration and the Editor. A lot of these features are community-driven and taken from your great suggestions, so please don’t stop them coming, because they really help us focus, on what is needed in the game and what would be cool to add in the future.

ylands_roadmap_16x9_2020.png

We also have a big event planned for later this year, but can’t say too much about it yet, just that you start dusting off your Editor skills ?

And finally please do keep safe and reach out to other community members, so we don’t all lose our minds out there ? We are so proud, that we have such a great community and we hope you’ll all stay in touch and especially if you can’t go Exploring in the real world, we can Explore together in Ylands ?

Stay classy and safe Ylanders.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

It seems a bit surreal that the big water update is finally nearly here.  Really looking forward to what we'll be able to do with that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

It seems a bit surreal that the big water update is finally nearly here.  Really looking forward to what we'll be able to do with that.

It won't be a 'fix-all, do-all' situation and we will still aim to improve the water mechanics further, but it definitely will be a step in the right direction ?

Looks like may will be a very wet update! Really looking forward to that update! I do hope we get to swim with dolphins ?? 

Water edit and taming and riding animals? Are you fooling us? ? 

I hope I can ride an ostrich or a boar. Maybe now a  real animal racing will be "possible" (I know I know it's possible with horses, but don't feel much fun) 

And I hope they have different velocity

Can't wait ? ?

Are sharks coming back with the water? And will we be able to put water where we want it? Like in a pool?

Roadmap looks good. Taming other animals, water improvements sounds great!