Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #122 - New Rideable Animals

Hey there Ylanders!

We trust you’re having an exciting time with Astonishing Adventures. Have you found Elves or Goatmen? What is your strategy for defeating the feared mutant Golems? But do not fear! Astonishing Adventures might be out, but we’re already working on the next update. And while today’s feature isn’t…overly…serious, it is loads of fun ?

So in update 1.3, we will be making a lot more animals rideable. You might’ve already seen the video and riding a pig is just a huge hoot ? But other animals will also be rideable. So, for instance, the fluffy sheep, awkward camels, stubborn goats, elegant deer, awe-inspiring rhinoceros and of course the fearsome ostrich are all going to be rideable with maybe even more animals joining the mix too ? All of these will also have different speeds, so races will be needed to find out, who’s the quickest ? Which animal are you most excited to ride?

Ylands 2020-04-02 16-39-53-42.png

In other news, we also have a quality of life improvement that a lot of you requested. I’m sure it happened to us all, we build a lovely boat and head off exploring. And then we see an Yland in the distant on starboard, so we head there and go just a little too much forward…and fall into the ocean. And off goes our pride and joy into the sunset, while we’re stuck swimming to shore. Well, not any more Adventures! If this happens to you again, the ship will stop! The ship will automatically stop if no one is on the ship. BUT! But if you fall off and your mate is still on the ship, it won’t stop. Then you’re at the mercy of your crew as any captain is ??☠️

And that’s it, for now, Ylanders, but watch this space for more cool news about the upcoming 1.3 update.

• Like 7

Ooooh, rideable animals with different speeds? THAAAAANK you. Now making a race with animals will make sense. 

Horses was kinda boring because they all run at same max speed. 

So, a mini game where you earn money depending on the first 3 positions and being able to purchase new animals. Will we be able to "control" the actual speed? So I can make speed powers ups in the race track? Oooh the ideas we can make. 

I'm going to stay closed at home for 1 month. 

We all want that now, please ???

if I could ride a golem on his shoulder to show them who's the boss :D
For now, ostrich for sure :)

Eventually the team can add all animals and monsters. 
Suggestion: make them jump. I see a jumping platform racing game here. I know it requires making new animations and a lot to implement them, but I can wait even I consider myself very unpatient ?
Suggestion 2: range shooting 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jchob said:

if I could ride a golem on his shoulder to show them who's the boss :D
For now, ostrich for sure :)

Eventually the team can add all animals and monsters. 
Suggestion: make them jump. I see a jumping platform racing game here. I know it requires making new animations and a lot to implement them, but I can wait even I consider myself very unpatient ?
Suggestion 2: range shooting 

They can jump ? Check out the video, the goat has quite a mean jump ?

3 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

They can jump ? Check out the video, the goat has quite a mean jump ?

Oh man, I need to start sleeping. I didn't see it jumping before. Next month will be worst, I don't need to go to work, so no sleep for me ?? be patient with me ?? 

By the way, will a trigger zone be activated by the animal/character? 

Edited by jchob
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jchob said:

Oh man, I need to start sleeping. I didn't see it jumping before. Next month will be worst, I don't need to go to work, so no sleep for me ?? be patient with me ?? 

By the way, will a trigger zone be activated by the animal/character? 

The same as when on a horse I'd presume ?

• Thanks 1

You just made MiniPyelot very happy! :D This is a fun update. I like it too.      Still have to get another PC for her ylands account. I sense a family derby race is on the books.?

Edited by Pyelot
  • Haha 3