Aplem

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-23272] Mutliplayer Server Corrupted To P1 Public Tutorial

Question

How's it going. I have a private Multiplayer server I rented that we have had a long term Custom Exploration game hosted on. Today when we tried to join the server loaded up an entirely different map that was spammed with P1 everywhere and was saying "public servers don't last long blah blah blah" and some other crap. To me, this is basically saying :

1. We just lost our world to some backend server glitch that deleted our world and made the world convert to some crappy P1 Multiplayer Tutorial begging others to join their Discord.

2. I just lost the $30 I have now spent on this games currency, and once again, it was all for nothing.

This is entirely unacceptable. Between the failed server payments that never go through, the terrible performance and now my game getting corrupted to nothingness I am beyond peeved. This is hours that we have spent making our perfect little word just gone down the drain. I have always supported Ylands since the very beginning but this is supposed to be a real release and I am nothing but disappointed. I don't mean to sound rude but at this point I don't know what to do. I would either like a full refund back of all the useless currency I have now purchased for MY SERVER that was corrupted into this piece of crap Multiplayer Discord Begging tutorial, or I want to see some form of backup from THE SERVERS END with my world on it.

Thank you.

22 replies to this bug / suggestion

So what it just changed my CUSTOM SERVER THAT WE SPENT OUR TIME ON TO THIS?

image.png.666df2f83c0e7a876069167368d385a7.png

Nobody changed the gamemode, nobody has permission to and nothing happened. It just changed MY SERVER TO THIS. WHY.

Yes, you did sounded rude and used bad words.

You know that you are offending people when you use the word "crap" referencing to P1? One of the biggest communities of the game?

Also, if you support ylands like you say so, and if you have been reading forum and following discord, you should know that is a known problem..  By the way, unless you have created another new account here, I see you are new, no activity, and I don't remember see you on the last year. So.. 

As far as I know, they will refund you, but your rudeness will still persist. 

Anyway, I hope they can help you. 

Edited by jchob

Hi. I'm really sorry that this has happened ? We'll look right into it and definitely we can get you a refund. We'll try and salvage your map too. I'll get the team on it tomorrow.

Thank you Adam. I wish I had files to attach but unfortunately I have no recent backups.

And your previous save, it's not anywhere here? C:\Steam\userdata\1022954577\298610\remote

At least you could re-upload it to the server and play on. 

We are checking out the problem and seeing, what could've happened. Have you played the P1 Tutorial in the past? That would mean, you had a save of it on your PC and that's where the server for some unknown reason picked it up ?

But before you do, could you please try to get on to the broken server and after you do, send us the output_logs and output_logs_clean? You'll find them here: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data 

or

\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

20 hours ago, Aplem said:

Name : Aplem

Server : Home Vasectomy - Exploration

After your rudeness, you come up with that? 

Nice server name.. Vasectomy...

I wouldn't even try to help you, but we try to be cool to other people.. 

Sorry Adam, but I'm right (this is the last comment I do over this person post) 

On 4/8/2020 at 4:00 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

But before you do, could you please try to get on to the broken server and after you do, send us the output_logs and output_logs_clean? You'll find them here: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data 

or

\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

So unfortunately we already reset the server in our attempt a few days ago to resolve the issue. We no longer have access to the old files, we never played on a P1 server before so it had never been saved.

Also @jchob I really love the passive-aggressiveness. I wish you could have any valid input to this conversation but unfortunately you have no real input. Thanks for the comments though, made my day.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aplem said:

So unfortunately we already reset the server in our attempt a few days ago to resolve the issue. We no longer have access to the old files, we never played on a P1 server before so it had never been saved.

Also @jchob I really love the passive-aggressiveness. I wish you could have any valid input to this conversation but unfortunately you have no real input. Thanks for the comments though, made my day.

you don't even deserve any help from anyone, when you just came here speaking your crappy language and insulting people from a community.

I'm not being passive-aggressive. I'm just trying to show you a point here. The agressive one here was you. Or you don't even realize what did you say? Read again to remember.

But i'm going to let the Ylands team deal with your stupidity.

I gave you my input to the conversation, which i'm going to say again: I called you rude because you started it. I don't have any spare time to deal with people like you.

That is my input to your conversation. You are not talking to your friends, got it? Learn to behave inside a community.
I'm done with you pimp.

Bro did you just call me a pimp? That's legit one of the most amazing compliments i've ever received.

Thank you,

Some of my players are having trouble getting into my server with this same problem.  My direct link is sending them to one of the P1 servers as well.  And searching for my server is still problematic.  

I don't have files to share. But my direct link is 2223661250

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

Some of my players are having trouble getting into my server with this same problem.  My direct link is sending them to one of the P1 servers as well.  And searching for my server is still problematic.  

I don't have files to share. But my direct link is 2223661250

Glad i'm not the only one. It's so strange that this is happening. It's disappointing and quite frankly, feels unfair to those of us that are paying to host our servers. At this rate it's just free hosting for P1.

Hello :) I am sorry to report I also have been having this problem, more than once now. The server only seems to last a day or so, if that, before I have to wipe it or take it down and delete the game all together. Why does it always turn into a P1 game? I see that it's a known problem and you are working on it, I wanted to report it too. It is frustrating :( I loaded ss so you can see it. Is there a way to recover or is it just lost? Thank you for any help ~Ruin

Ylands_4x_200505_172802.png

Hi @Ruinouss and welcome to our  forums ?When did this happen to you the last time? Because we rolled out a fix for it a few days ago and will roll out a permanent fix for it in update 1.3 ?

@Adam Snellgrove OK, it just happened again!! :( We started new game last night when I had to reset it from turning into a P1 game...lasted less than a day.

Aaaand again. Less than 2 hours this time... :( Is there something  I can do on my end? A corrupted cache or something I can look for and delete?