bojo2736

Astonishing Adventures Abolished All

Question

Ok, let me preface by saying my problems are likely because I am failing to find features with the latest "improvement" in the editor UI.  

Where to start?

1. Exploration files do not allow for placing a cube.  I thought we discussed that you were going to allow this?  No?  Fine.  Moving on to Editor Exploration.

2. Editor Exploration.  Like vanilla exploration, except no nighttime alphas. Ok, I can live without this.  But wait!  I can't find how to make the scenario so that it can support saving in game. Without this?  It's just a really bad Groundhog Day.

So frustrating.  

Including the files, though I don't think they have anything to do with my problems.  

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

3HT.CREATIVE.EXPLORE040920.zip

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Ok I found the world saving.  But that leaves the problem number 1.

Also, why.  WHY? is world saving opt in and not opt out?  Saving should be default IMO.

Because then we'd have a lot of games, which are not supposed to be saved (racing, Team Deathmatch, one-off adventures) that would just keep the progress forever. But it is a thing of preference really.  

I'll ask about 1. on Tuesday.

Perhaps world saving should be offered in the set up screen when you choose world type, etc. Instead of buried deep in in the tabs. I knew it was in there somewhere. It took me a long time to find it. New editor players aren't even going to know it is an option.

Tie the default to the type of map selected, and make it an obvious choice in the wizard.  It makes sense to keep some kind of control over it so that we don't end up with a bunch of small game modes saving when they don't need to.  BUT this should not be buried in menus or somewhere obscure.  This should be a top-level option, and worded as plainly as possible.

Personally, I would put it as a yes/no question directly under the map type selection in the wizard.

• Like 2