bojo2736

Visual Scripting Puzzle Shape Connections

Currently I can't find the puzzle shape I need to create the script I want.  Specifically, I am working in a vanilla exploration map.  I want to add some resources.  I have done this in the past, but now that the scripting has been "improved"  the shapes I need no longer fit together.

Is there a way to change the connection shape?

I checked the wiki, and of course, it was not updated with the update.

And also Nitrado still won't accept this game, but that's on the Nitrado side I'm sure.  One of the issues I had with picking them as the designated host, but that's another topic.

As things stand, I can't make the game I want to host.  Which I was led to believe was the entire point of this game: build the game you want.  Except I can't.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, RedEagle_P1. said:

1) Cant change shape
2) I think Nitrado will be managed via create.ylands.com under servers. 

What she means is there are tiles that are not shown (even from searching filed or from the left-side menu) in some items/objects/entities and I'm pretty sure they did before 1.4

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, RedEagle_P1. said:

1) Cant change shape
2) I think Nitrado will be managed via create.ylands.com under servers. 

dont I have to rent the server first?

8 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

And what specifically would you like to create in the script @bojo2736? It might have just changed names or something similar...

I know how to do it.The pieces I need don't exist.

In past iterations I would use a basket, or a chest, or a safe, as a trigger to spawn items into the player inventory that I wanted them to have, such as resources or a creator cube. The puzzle shape attachments that I needed don't exist on those items any more.  I could have spawned the items to another location, but not to the player inventory. I was able to do it using a lever, but not the other items.  

20200907211851_1.jpg

Hi, since 1.4 we have 3 categories of puzzle tiles. In the last "Advance" 3 (under WOODEN CHEST name) are all tiles available.

• Thanks 1

thank you. for some reason I didnt get that whole available list on anything i tried except the levers. I will try to screen cap

@Houpbank safe does not show all of the spawn tiles. Here is a picture if it (screenshot that @bojo2736 sent to me, and i also don't see them. You can also see the "group 3" is selected.

unknown.png

Edited by jchob

At the moment we are unable to reproduce this bug. You see list of tiles which should be available only for the beginner level. I assume that you do not see desired tiles even under Entiteis - Common. Does switching between those 3 numbers help?

If not, log files may be helpful for us. Thank you for them.