kimbuck

Does BI actually want us to play this game?

I say this after 7 un-announced  server maintenance shutdowns  in one hour, requiring a  5 to 8 minute  wait to get back in after  " backend"  or   "unspecified"  errors and  waiting  in a  join queue.

No  sooner than you  manage to tidy things  up to where you were before the (crash)-shutdown"  ......  boom  ....  down  it goes again " server maintenance".

When I logged out in disgust today   the server was full of  complaining players ...and they were giving up on MP   hoping  1.5 brings a miracle .

I doubt  1.5  will,  based on  past  promises ... but  gee wizz -      we getting  some more pretty   bird like  predators ...      apparently   they are more  important  than  game  fixes.

Another  issue is it  is  soo laggy  with  ships ...there's  sound  loops ..stuttering  and  it  takes  ages to get to an island in sight ..and  then you get a " AFK warning" ..if  you don't  stop,  and   release controls   move  around ...  you get disconnected  for  being  afk too long!

Ok  ok ok  ..i know the response  " send in the logs.."     But to  quote monty  python   "I am NOT a  Lumberjack and i am NOT  ok"    i sent in  so many logs ...so have others  ...   we talk between ourselves about the response  and   we all get  none..

From what i heard today  ...don't be surprised at a swarm of  negative  reviews on steam.

I have  stayed  with  Ylands    because of the dedication and  enthusiasm   from the P!  group and  Red Eagles  attempt to get a  functional  game  working.

My  enthusiasm ..and that of many  others ...  is  waning..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I've been playing this game since it was released to early access in Steam. I had watched a let's play series by Keralis and it looked fantastic. I had followed Keralis for years playing Minecraft, but I only played on creative as there were too many creatures trying to kill you in survival for me to enjoy it, instead I loved the building part. This game seemed to be the answer for me, it had great graphics, an engaging resource and crafting system, and a tongue in cheek humor that I really enjoy. I was also able to play in the regular exploration mode which was really exciting and made you work a strategy to accomplish your goals. However, when I finally decided to go to multi-player, I wasn't very impressed at all. Other players became the ones who kill you, take all the resources, and just make it difficult to enjoy. Then I found the P1 group and MP changed completely. Now, after all the concentration on the editor, I'm hoping we can get the exploration MP part working correctly. I've heard rumors that perhaps BI isn't in creative control of their own game any longer, due to a large sponsor. I hope this isn't the case, but if it is, what can we expect in the future? I personally enjoy the exploration, I really enjoy the "magic" that other players can make in the editor, but that isn't necessary to the enjoyment of the game. If, in fact, BI is no longer in control of their own creative process, please let us know what direction your sponsor is taking this game. If you are in creative control, perhaps you could end up with 2 products, the editor and the exploration. Due to all the things that need fixed, I've actively looked for another survival sandbox game to learn and get immersed in. But I haven't found another that I like as much as Ylands, plus, there isn't another gaming community that I've found that compares to the ones that Ylands has attracted. Please consider being more transparent with the players who have been with you, rooting for you, helping every way they can to make this game a success. I would love for this exploration game to be an enjoyable, exciting time, rather than a very frustrating time. And I'm sure the more people we have playing exploration (not destructive people), the more people will become interested in learning the editor to enhance their enjoyment of the game. I appreciate your time reading this.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SandyT said:

I've been playing this game since it was released to early access in Steam. I had watched a let's play series by Keralis and it looked fantastic. I had followed Keralis for years playing Minecraft, but I only played on creative as there were too many creatures trying to kill you in survival for me to enjoy it, instead I loved the building part. This game seemed to be the answer for me, it had great graphics, an engaging resource and crafting system, and a tongue in cheek humor that I really enjoy. I was also able to play in the regular exploration mode which was really exciting and made you work a strategy to accomplish your goals. However, when I finally decided to go to multi-player, I wasn't very impressed at all. Other players became the ones who kill you, take all the resources, and just make it difficult to enjoy. Then I found the P1 group and MP changed completely. Now, after all the concentration on the editor, I'm hoping we can get the exploration MP part working correctly. I've heard rumors that perhaps BI isn't in creative control of their own game any longer, due to a large sponsor. I hope this isn't the case, but if it is, what can we expect in the future? I personally enjoy the exploration, I really enjoy the "magic" that other players can make in the editor, but that isn't necessary to the enjoyment of the game. If, in fact, BI is no longer in control of their own creative process, please let us know what direction your sponsor is taking this game. If you are in creative control, perhaps you could end up with 2 products, the editor and the exploration. Due to all the things that need fixed, I've actively looked for another survival sandbox game to learn and get immersed in. But I haven't found another that I like as much as Ylands, plus, there isn't another gaming community that I've found that compares to the ones that Ylands has attracted. Please consider being more transparent with the players who have been with you, rooting for you, helping every way they can to make this game a success. I would love for this exploration game to be an enjoyable, exciting time, rather than a very frustrating time. And I'm sure the more people we have playing exploration (not destructive people), the more people will become interested in learning the editor to enhance their enjoyment of the game. I appreciate your time reading this.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, kimbuck said:

I say this after 7 un-announced  server maintenance shutdowns  in one hour, requiring a  5 to 8 minute  wait to get back in after  " backend"  or   "unspecified"  errors and  waiting  in a  join queue.

Please, these are really serious issues we want to address. Please when this happens, coul you go to this folder: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

And send me either here in DMs or on Discord DMs the output_logs and output_logs_clean? Please, it would REALLY help @kimbuck

I know that some of you have sent logs in the past and those were helpful, but with newer and newer versions of the game, we need new logs, because different stuff could be going wrong than before or the game might be reacting differently. 

Thank you so much for helping us out ?

• Upvote 1