spiritchaser28

Transporting vehicles in 1.5 explore.

Here is a question out of curiousity. I know we can't summon or unsummon cars to other maps in exploration (and tamed animals unfortunately). I think a few people have tried to bring animals to other maps but that does not work as of yet....has anybody tried to transport their cars via ship transport to other maps yet? Just curious if that works with this new system.

Edited by spiritchaser28

I just tried it, built a catamaran, boarded car, and travel abroad to another map. Car managed to stay in the catamaran, but after new regeneration of map it dissapears, and I don't know where, if in my original map or in destination map, lost somewhere in deep sea.

So I hope they fix this issue soon.

• Upvote 1

@Karchieee Hmmm...Was it still in the catamaran or was it on land originally when you came back to the map? Let me know. also was it in construction mode or assembled? questions questions LOL. 

Edited by spiritchaser28

Built a ship with a garage. Not allowed to build a car on the boat, build mode or not, it glows red no matter how you move it. So, I built a cheap car, put it on the boat. It rocked and rolled around, real bouncy. Since I had the slowest boat ever built, I had lots of free time to mess with it on the way the the zone. You can drive the car around on the boat while the boat is moving, but once you control the car, the sails come down and the ship slows.

You can stand on the car and it is fun and you bounce up and down. The car has an inertia to it, like it wants to be left behind. You can feel it move sideways under your feet. After a while I noticed these lines that the boat was leaving behind it, like a wake but too high, out of the water and I stared at it for a while and there were four lines and sometimes they stopped and started again. like black lines floating away from the boat with maybe even tire treads because the were skid marks, of course. The boat was dragging the car along against its will.

Finally came the time to zone. I centered the car in its coral. I dropped anchor. All was still. I held my breath and zoned. Nope. The boat was empty. I dove down to the bottom the the ocean. I searched a bit. I saw nothing. Went back home, dejected and despondent. No car anywhere to be found. Gone forever. Makes you think, huh.

An alternative might be to arrive with the makings of a cheap car already in hand.

• Thanks 2

Well That answers the question. We all hate losing things when we experiment, but it happens to the best of us. Fingers crossed that in future updates this will be a feature as well as transporting animals.

The thing that's frustrating is that transporting horses was a promised feature. And it worked briefly. Then it's like they forgot it was a thing. If you look back, there was a dev diary addressing it. I built and posted a ship I built specifically to haul horses. Then, poof! You can't do it. Never was a thing. What are you even talking about?

• Like 1

Personally I would like to transport all the animals. Having a loyal mount is fun  but I also like being able to milk the goats and sheer the sheep. Can't find them on some biomes. I settled in a tropical location and there were none to be found. So now I have to travel to another location to get milk.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Haha 1

I have talked to the devs and programmers and they'll concentrate on the animal transportation part for update 1.7 and look into vehicle transportation.

• Thanks 1